Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

300hp 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R Supercharged Announced

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

300hp 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R Supercharged Announced

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... harged.htm

Built Beyond Belief...

Today, Kawasaki has created a brand new market segment appropriately named: Hyperbike. Feast your eyes on the fastest, most powerful (by far) PRODUCTION motorcycle ever to grace the pavement. The carbon fibre clad, 300 horsepower, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R...See it to believe it: 2015 Kawasaki Motorcycle Model Guide: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... harged.htm

The Kawasaki Ninja H2™R motorcycle is an engineering marvel, made possible only through the sourcing of technological expertise from multiple divisions of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. The Gas Turbine division was crucial in the development of a hyper-efficient supercharger­—the only one of its kind; custom components were created to near-impossible tolerances by the Machinery division; and the Aerospace division crafted the distinctive carbon-fiber bodywork of this aerodynamic masterpiece. The result is a system of carefully crafted premium components that work in concert to create an unbelievably powerful machine—one that’s more than worthy of the legendary H2 name.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: 300hp 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2R Supercharged Announced

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

I'll be the first to say it. Are they f'ing nuts??????? There are high performance cars out there with less HP and even with four wheel drive, limited slip dif's, traction control and massive four wheel disk brakes with ABS that are next to impossible for the average driver to control or drive to the cars full ability without killing themselves. And Kawasaki wants to unless a 300 HP Hyperbike onto the world?????? Why? I thought the bike manufacturers agreed to stop the HP wars.

Nice bike, but come on, the vast majority of those that will get one barely have the skills to deal with your run of the mill 600RR.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

This is awesome! :kicking: Kawasaki has balls that other manufacturers don't have. :baby:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#4 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:This is awesome! :kicking: Kawasaki has balls that other manufacturers don't have. :baby:
Agreed. About time 1 of the big 4 grew a pair.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:This is awesome! :kicking: Kawasaki has balls that other manufacturers don't have. :baby:
You do remember why the manufacturers decided to rein their last HP battle....coz if they didn't the combined might of the Governments of Europe, the US and Canada were going to do it for them. There are enough nutters in the various halls of Government who would love to ban motorcycle completely and a bike like this just adds fuel to their argument. Lets not wake up sleeping dogs shall we?

Plus lets be honest, how many average riders do you know who can ride and max the HP/Torque output of even a bike only pushing 100HP? Few to be honest. I give this bike an A for an engineering exercise, but a big fat F as production machine that any fool with more dollars then sense and skill can buy.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
Actually for a major manufacturer, Kawi has always been ballsy. They have made some crazy bikes like the original H2s, 750 Turbo, KX500, and the original Z10, ZX11, & ZX12. :kicking:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Actually for a major manufacturer, Kawi has always been ballsy. They have made some crazy bikes like the original H2s, 750 Turbo, KX500, and the original Z10, ZX11, & ZX12. :kicking:
My comment was actually geared more towards having the balls to try something different. Honestly the same formula has been done time and time again, only slightly faster, slightly lighter and slightly more money.

There won't be many out there and for the 1-2 track bikes that make it to the road they will likely be no more crazy than the dozens of turbo 'Busa's already kicking around.

The great part of this is what more realistic bikes will come from this. Just like the EX500 and Kawi Concours spawned from the original Ninja, more turbo bikes of smaller displacement will likely come from the H2R. So YEAH, that they had the balls to do something different. The impacts are likely far greater than this one particular bike.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#8 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

ceemes wrote:
High_Side wrote:
You do remember why the manufacturers decided to rein their last HP battle....coz if they didn't the combined might of the Governments of Europe, the US and Canada were going to do it for them. There are enough nutters in the various halls of Government who would love to ban motorcycle completely and a bike like this just adds fuel to their argument. Lets not wake up sleeping dogs shall we?

Plus lets be honest, how many average riders do you know who can ride and max the HP/Torque output of even a bike only pushing 100HP? Few to be honest. I give this bike an A for an engineering exercise, but a big fat F as production machine that any fool with more dollars then sense and skill can buy.
Maybe it really IS time to limit power and/or displacement on motorcycles.

Unfortunately, there is a large segment of the population that really IS too stupid to be trusted with anything more dangerous than a plastic spork...but they buy 1000+cc zoom-splats, and hopefully kill only themselves when their "LOW SKILL" light flashes.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Unfortunately, there is a large segment of the population that really IS too stupid to be trusted with anything more dangerous than a plastic spork...but they buy 1000+cc zoom-splats, and hopefully kill only themselves when their "LOW SKILL" light flashes.
You do realize that the mass majority of motorcycle fatality in the US are from middle aged and old guys on large cruisers that put out significantly less than 100 HPs?
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
My comment was actually geared more towards having the balls to try something different. Honestly the same formula has been done time and time again, only slightly faster, slightly lighter and slightly more money.

There won't be many out there and for the 1-2 track bikes that make it to the road they will likely be no more crazy than the dozens of turbo 'Busa's already kicking around.

The great part of this is what more realistic bikes will come from this. Just like the EX500 and Kawi Concours spawned from the original Ninja, more turbo bikes of smaller displacement will likely come from the H2R. So YEAH, that they had the balls to do something different. The impacts are likely far greater than this one particular bike.
Very well said Highside! :clapping:

Actually a blown 400 or 600 would make a great track bike, no? :kicking:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS