Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Faggotter Secures Back To Back Oz Safari Wins On WR450F

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Faggotter Secures Back To Back Oz Safari Wins On #WR450F

Active8 #Yamaha's Rodney Faggotter has won the 2014 Australian Safari after the final days competition was wrapped up earlier this afternoon in, Kalbarri, Western Australia.

After 24 hours of racing across seven days and 1000's of kilometres, Faggotter clinched his second consecutive victory of the gruelling and iconic event after putting the finishing touches on his performance during the final stage conducted today.

Faggotter and his Yamaha WR450F crossed the finish line nearly six minutes ahead of his closest rival in the final stage and stretched his lead in the event to around 38 minutes in an almighty showing for the big Queenslander and the WR450F.

"Today wasn't too stressful, it was just about getting the job done and making sure I made the finish line," Rodney explains. "All the hard work was done in the opening days to build a good lead and I just had to keep it together to give the Active8 Yamaha team the victory they deserve.

"I had one pretty big moment today but after days of riding around in the dry and dusty conditions, it decides to flog down with rain on the last day just as we approach the finish," Faggotter laughs.

"Again, Yamaha Australia and Ray Howard have been amazing supporters of me and the Australian Safari and this year working with the Active8 Yamaha team has made my life much easier.

"I also want to thank and congratulate the organisers of the event and with the future a bit uncertain at the moment, the team here have done a great job in keeping the race going and making it fun for the competitors," Rodney ends.

In a complete domination of the event, Faggotter won all but two stages of the event, even more impressive is that the WR450F won 14 out of the 15 stages in this years' race, with Shane Diener picking up a stage win before forced out with injury.

"Winning the Australian Safari is a great endorsement of the high performance and durability of the Yamaha WR450F," states Yamaha Motorsport Manager, Ray Howard. "Rodney and the Active8 team had a trouble free run to win this event and combined with last years' victory, it really does show just how tough the WR450F.

"Congratulations to Rodney and to AJ Roberts and the Active8 Yamaha team on this sensational result and it is something Yamaha Motor Australia is extremely proud of," Howard ends.

Final Standings
1st Rodney Faggotter - 24.30.12 (Yamaha WR450F)
2nd Cody Quinn - 25.08.44
3rd Ian Blythe -25.42.45
4th Clay Adam - 26.38.21
5th Gavin Cullen -27.38.19
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.