Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KTM RIDER FENATI WINS INCIDENT FILLED MOTO3 AT ARAGON

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@KTM #RIDER FENATI WINS INCIDENT FILLED #MOTO3 AT @ARAGON

KTM rider Romano Fenati of Italy powered his way to his fourth victory of the season in Rd. 14 of the Moto3 World Championship in a dramatic and incident filled race on the Aragon circuit in Spain.

Fenati delivered a hard fought final three laps to outsmart Alex Marquez in the final meters while Husqvarna rider Danny Kent picked up third for his second podium on the season.

Fenati started back at thirteenth grid position and had worked his way up to podium contention half way through the race. He said he knew it would always be a matter of the final corners. “It was always going to be very difficult with the fastest riders but today I had a good feeling for the bike,” he said.

Red Bull KTM Ajo’s Jack Miller got away well from his second row start and constantly exchanged the lead with Marquez, Alex Rins and Kent before crashing out in lap five after making contact with Marquez in a race incident that was later investigated by Race Direction. Miller rode back to the pits where his crew made some hasty repairs then returned to the race with a deficit of three laps and was eventually classified at twenty seventh. The incident also lost him the lead in the championship points and Marquez now tops the table with an 11-point lead.

Race conditions at Aragon were always going to be difficult. The circuit was swathed in fog after overnight rain that delayed the start of warm up by 30 minutes, also shifting race start times. The race was declared ‘wet’ just prior to the start as riders entered a track that was dry in places and very tricky, resulting in a slew of riders ending in the gravel.

Red Bull-sponsored Miller, while empty-handed after the race was still philosophical about the outcome saying: “Marquez had tried to overtake me on the straight but did not have the pace to do so. I was on the dry line on the entry to the corner and went in normally I knew Marquez would try to block off the inside corner but he did not cut the gas and made me fall off. Sometimes these things happen – its racing.” Miller thanked the team for working hard to get him back on the track for a few laps and said he was now heading for a circuit that he likes.

Red Bull Ajo teammate Karel Hanika had a strong start in the race but crashed in lap two in the difficult conditions. He picked up his bike and rode out the race to twenty third position despite missing a foot peg. Miller and Hanika ride the KTM RC250 GP bike.

The next race is at the Motegi Circuit in Japan on October 12, the first of three fly-away races (Phillip Island, Australia; Sepang, Malaysia) before the competition returns to Valencia, Spain for the final round.

More at www.motogp.com
MotoGP of Aragon – MotorLand Circuit – Round 14
Moto3 Results
1, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 40:52.209
2, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda, 40:52.266
3, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna, 40:52.492
5, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 41:03.840
4, Jakub Kornfeil, CZE, KTM, 41:10.591
6, Enea Bastianini, ITA, KTM, 41:11.468
7, Miguel Oliveira, POR, Mahindra, 41:15.915
8, Brad Binder, RSA, Mahindra, 41:16.982
9, Niccolo Antonelli, ITA, KTM, 41:29.232
10, Alexis Masbou, FRA, Honda, 41:31.253
Other KTM
12, Isaac Viñales, ESP, KTM, 41:54.224
17, Eric Granado, BRA, KTM, 41:58.695
19, Hafiq Azmi, MAL, KTM, 42:14.039
20, Gabriel Rodrigo, ARG, KTM, 42:17.335
23, Karel Hanika, CZE, KTM, 42:29.577
24, Francesco Bagnaia, ITA, KTM, 41:35.056
27, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 41:40.090
Moto3 Standings after Round 14
1, Marquez, 206
2, Miller, 195
3, Rins, 188
4, Fenati, 165
5, Vazquez, 154
6, Masbou, 140
7, I. Viñales, 116
8, Bastianini, 108
9, Kent, 93
10, Oliveira, 93
Other KTM
12, Kornfeil, 78
15, Bagnaia, 42
17, Antonelli, 37
18, Hanika, 24
19, Loi, 17
30, Granado, 2
Moto3 Manufacturers Standings after Round 14
1, KTM, 303
2, Honda, 298
3, Mahindra, 133
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.