Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

PODIUM THIRD FOR DANNY KENT AT ARAGON MOTO3

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

PODIUM THIRD FOR DANNY KENT AT #ARAGON #MOTO3

@Husqvarna Ajo rider Danny Kent was in strong form on Sunday at Rd. 14 of the Moto3 World Championship in Aragon converting his second spot on the grid to a podium third, his second podium of the season.

Kent got away well and was a major player in the opening laps until he dropped back to seventh then to tenth after going wide in a corner on the sixth lap. The British rider then hunkered down and worked his way back into contention by lap 14 when the competition began to tighten up between Alex Marquez, Fenati and himself.

As the race developed into a hard fight between the two front-runners Kent tucked in behind them aware that anything could happen. Kent also said later that he was happy to settle for third. “Towards the end I had used to too much tyre to be able to chase the two of them down.”

Kent said the weekend had been the best for the team. “From the first session I felt great on the bike and was getting more comfortable and stronger every time I went out. Also this morning in the warm-up we went fastest. We adapted well to the mixed conditions of dry and wet and we were fast. We knew that is we chose the right tyres and made a good start, we had a great opportunity to be on the podium. I made a small mistake on the first corner and dropped down to tenth position and this made the race much harder. Without that mistake I think I could have been in the fight but with less worn tyres and more grip. It was a shame not to fight for the win although I tried to get there with a few slipstreams in the final lap.”

Kent’s win drew praise from team boss Aki Ajo: “Danny has a good speed in dry conditions and in the wet he was incredibly fast this morning. Also in these difficult half and half conditions he really made a great race. Of course in the last lap I was waiting that Danny would also win the race and finish in front of Marquez but something happened in the last lap and he did not push.”

The Aragon outing was not so successful for Niklas Ajo and the team took the risk for him to go out on wet tyres, a decisive factor in him finishing in twenty fifth place after a weekend where technical difficulties also interrupted his practice sessions. Kent and Niklas Ajo ride the Husqvarna FR 250GP bike.
The next round is at the Motegi circuit in Japan in 2 weeks time
More at www.motogp.com
Caption 1: Kent a major podium contender throughout the race
Caption 2: Kent on the podium with race winner Fenati
Results Rd. 14 Aragon
1. Romano Fenati (KTM) 40:52.209
2. Alex Marquez (Honda) +0.057
3. Danny Kent (Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo) +0.283
4. Alex Rins (Honda) +11.631
5. Jakub Kornfeil (KTM) +18.382
25. Niklas Ajo (Avant Tecno Husqvarna Ajo) 1 Lap

Moto3 World Championship Standings
1. Alex Marquez (Honda) 206 points
2. Jack Miller (Red Bull KTM Ajo) 195 points
3. Alex Rins (Honda) 188 points
4. Romano Fenati (KTM) 165 points
5. Efren Vazquez (Honda) 154 points
9. Danny Kent (Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo) 93 points
14. Niklas Ajo (Avant Tecno Husqvarna Ajo) 45 points
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.