Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

WR450F In Command At OZ Safari

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#WR450F In Command At OZ #Safari

The Yamaha WR450F's piloted by Rodney Faggotter and Shane Diener hold down first and second positions after day two of the Australian Safari, currently running in Western Australia.

After a conservative ride to third place in the event Prologue, Faggotter has unleashed in the race proper and has led the field from the get go on Sunday morning. Out of the five stages ran so far during the opening two days, Faggotter has won four and has stretched his lead to nine minutes over team mate Shane Diener.

Last years' championship is in good form and off to a great start in the iconic event but understands that there is five days and a lot of terrain to be covered before the Australian Safari is over for 2014.

"The first couple of days have gone really well and both myself and Shane are off to a great start," Faggotter explains. "This event requires patience and concentration for the entire week so my thoughts are always about the next corner; or the next hill and not about what happens in a few days' time.

"The bikes are working really well and we have had no dramas, so fingers crossed we can keep it all rolling for the rest of the week," Faggotter ends.

Shane Diener has slotted nicely into the number two position behind Faggotter and has been the only man to take a stage win off the rampaging Queenslander. That win came on stage three of day one and Diener has been consistent in all the other stages and now finds himself in a comfortable second place, some nine minutes from Faggotter but a further eight minutes ahead of international rider, Cody Quinn.

"So far, so good," Diener offers. "The opening days on an event like this are more a matter of feeling out the terrain, the bike and get used to reading maps. I expect the pace to pick up over the next few days and the race will really begin.

"Just like last year, the WR450F is working great and we have the Active8 Yamaha team here to assist so both Rodney and I are in good hands."

Day three of the Safari will see competitors race over two stages, the opening stage is 147kilometres in length before the longer afternoon stage will see riders travel 288kilomtres around Gascoyne Junction.

To follow the Australian Safari, log into www.australiansafari.com.au

Current Standings - After Day 2
1st Rodney Faggotter - 7.05.20 (Yamaha WR450F)
2nd Shane Diener - 7.14.41 (Yamaha WR450F)
3rd Cody Quinn - 7.23.38
4th Ian Blythe - 7.32.27
5th Russell Scobble - 7.36.29
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.