Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KENT IN THE POINTS AT MOTO3 GP OF SAN MARINO

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KENT IN THE POINTS AT #MOTO3 GP OF SAN MARINO

#Husqvarna Ajo factory rider Danny Kent of Britain rode into the points on Sunday on the Misano circuit in the Moto3 GP of San Marino Sunday, finishing twelfth in the highly competitive field.

Kent started in sixth place on the grid after a solid qualifying session. He was eight after the opening laps and half way trough the 23-lap race had held his position in the group and had moved up to sixth spot. During the remainder of the race drifted back to an eventual twelfth place to add another four world championship points to his tally. Kent has now picked up points in the last six races.

Kent said it had been a tough race. “I didn’t start badly, but we came up against a very large group and we were all fighting a lot amongst ourselves. I would pass on the corners but they would get past me on the straights. It was a little frustrating, because if I had not been in that group I would have had a higher pace throughout the race. Now we’ll just focus on Aragon, which incidentally is one of my favorite tracks. We have to keep working hard."

It was a disappointing race for fellow Husqvarna rider Niklas Ajo who started on the front row after finishing only four thousandths of a second short of Jack Miller’s pole winning time. The young Finn hung onto the top eight riders until lap 11 when an untimely crash ended his bid for a season’s best result. Kent and Ajo ride the Husqvarna FR 250 GP machine.

Team Boss Aki Ajo: “For sure we cannot be happy about the race results , especially after yesterday’s qualifying with second and sixth positions. Our expectations were quite high.” Ajo said although the bike settings were very similar to Saturday’s qualifying that his riders had experienced some sliding. “Now we have a lot of work to do to find out what went wrong on race day,” he added.

Riders have a one-weekend pause Before the World Championship returns at in Aragon, Spain at the end of the month. The competition then has three overseas races in Australia, japan and Malaysia before returning the Valencia, Spain for the final round in November.

Caption 1: Danny Kent passe pit area at Misano
Caption 2: Ajo and Kent in early part of the Misano race

Moto GP of San Marino - Misano Circuit - Round 13
Moto3 Results
1, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 39:50.694
2, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda, 39:50.736
3, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 39:54.097
4, Isaac Viñales, ESP, KTM, 39:55.153
5, Enea Bastianini, ITA, KTM, 39:55.179
12, Danny Kent, Husqvarna, 40:03.246
DNF Niklas Ajo
Moto3 Standings after Round 13
1, Miller, 195
2, Marquez, 186
3, Rins, 175
4, Vazquez, 151
5, Fenati, 140
11. Kent, Husqvarna, 77
14, Ajo, Husqvarna, 45
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.