Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Espargaro and Smith poised for fierce MotoGP clash on Italia

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Espargaro and Smith poised for fierce #MotoGP clash on Italian soil

Monster Yamaha Tech3 team duo Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith head back to Italy this weekend for round 13 at Misano, as the championship enters the final third of the 2014 season. Both riders will be aiming to build on their performances so far this year and intend to once again fight at the front end of the competitive field in the 28 lap race on Sunday.

The Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli is located in close proximity to the city of Rimini on the east coast of Italy. The track was originally constructed in 1972 and was a regular fixture for Italian Grand Prix events, before a brief break and then returning to the MotoGP calendar in 2007. The spectacular circuit can hold up to 60,000 passionate fans for Sunday’s race around the clockwise 4226 meter track, complete with six left curves and ten right, in what will be another intense battle.

Pol Espargaro will look to continue his good run of form after an impressive finish at the previous British Grand Prix round, as he proceeds to make strides forward in his rookie campaign. The reigning Moto2 World Champion is currently residing in seventh place in the World Championship standings and is seeking to catch the title of the leading satellite bike once again this weekend. On the other side of the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team garage, Bradley Smith will aim to cement himself in the top six on Sunday in what will be his 31st start in the MotoGP class. The 23-year-old British rider will be intending to undertake a rocket start and storm to a strong points scoring result aboard the Yamaha YZR-M1.

Pol Espargaro

“It was encouraging to complete the race in sixth and as the leading satellite bike at Silverstone, but I am determined to finish even closer to the factory riders at Misano. It will be highly competitive as always, but my feeling with the Yamaha has improved considerably and now it’s time to start inching closer to the leading riders as well as overtaking them. In addition, my experience is growing so I am ready for the battle and I always want to better myself. Last year I won from pole position here en route to my Moto2 World Championship title, which puts me in a good frame of mind for this weekend. I just need to be a bit smoother and I am convinced that I have the potential to be where I want to be so I really look forward to my first taste of Misano on the Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bike in front of the Italian fans who are always fantastic.”

Bradley Smith

“I can’t wait to get going in Misano and I feel supremely confident of clinching a good result here this weekend. It was disappointing to complete my home race the way it did, which prevented any chances of home glory but what’s over is over and I intend to take a firm finish as a late thank you to my fans. I like the Misano circuit a lot, its fun to ride and the weather plus the fans are always great which makes this GP one that we all look forward to. The plan of action will be to get up to speed immediately and focus especially on the qualifying which is essential for this race as the run to the first corner is very short for the 28 lap sprint on Sunday. There will be some work to undertake for the team and I, but I believe we can have a strong result at Misano.”

The NGM Forward Racing Team ready for the San Marino GP
The NGM Forward Racing Team arrives at the Misano circuit this week for the GP of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini, a busy race weekend for the whole team and in particular for Alex De Angelis, who is determined to get a good result at his home GP.

Alex De Angelis, the only rider from San Marino in the premiere class, looks forward to race at Misano, one of his favourite tracks. After having gained the first points at Silverstone, Alex is confident to make another step forward in his third race with the NGM Forward Racing colours on board of the Forward Yamaha, reducing the gap to the front guys and improving his results.

Also Aleix Espargaro is optimist for Misano, a small racetrack that suits the characteristics of his machine well. After having suffered at Silverstone in terms of top speed, the Spaniard looks forward to race in Italy and get a good result.

Aleix Espargaro

“I’m confident for Misano, the track is small and technical and I think it suits well our bike. There are strong braking and accelerations and I think we can do well. I look forward to get a good result. We are sixth in the championship and I would like to consolidate and try to improve this position.”

Alex De Angelis

“Misano is a special weekend because it’s my home GP and there are always many friends and fans to support me. Moreover I like the layout of the track a lot so I hope that these two things combined together will give me an extra boost. This year it will be even better as I will compete in MotoGP, so I’m very excited. Our target is to reduce the gap from the front guys and improve our results.”

2014 MotoGP San Marino

Marco Simoncelli, San Marino 10/09/2014

Circuit Length:
Fastest Lap Ever:
1'32.915
(Marc Marquez, 15-9-2013)
Last Years Winner:
Jorge Lorenzo
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.