Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

FACTORY HUSQVARNA'S JACOB ARGUBRIGHT AMA WEST HARE CHAMPION

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

FACTORY #HUSQVARNA'S JACOB @ARGUBRIGHT #AMA WEST HARE CHAMPION

Factory Husqvarna’s Jacob Argubright won the AMA West Hare Scrambles Championship at the penultimate round of the series this weekend. Argubright finished on the podium at Rd. 8 at The Ranch in Anza, California, earning the handful of points he needed to earn him the West Hare Scrambles number one plate for 2014.

Argubright started the race with the holeshot and an early lead. He opened up a gap on his FC 450 in the first lap, but advantage was short-lived due to some unorthodox conditions. An apparent dispute over land-use and the layout of the course caused the race to be halted during the second lap. Racers went on to do a staggered re-start later in the day, where they completed the race on an abbreviated course. Despite the circumstance, Jacob was able to ride to a strong third-place finish – enough to claim his career-first national number-one plate.

“I’m really happy I got a championship for Husky,” Jacob said. “Along with getting the first win for the new Husqvarna in the US, bringing home the 2014 championship makes it even better. This season has definitely had its ups and downs but I’d like to thank all my sponsors for their support; it all paid off in the end!”

Husqvarna's DeLong fifth at Unadilla GNCC

Meanwhile on the east coast, Andrew DeLong was back in action at round 10 of the GNCC series in Unadilla, New York. DeLong tackled the legendary Unadilla Raceway aboard his FE 350, and ran as high as third before ultimately settling for a fifth-place finish.

“Andrew rode very good today,” commented Husqvarna Off-road Team Manager Andy Jefferson. “In the first hour, second through fifth were all within about 10 seconds of each other. It was a tight race, but Andrew was steady all day and didn’t take any unnecessary chances.”

Regarding Argubright’s championship in the West Hare Scrambles Series, Jefferson said, “It’s fantastic to have someone in the championship hunt and winning the series. We’re all very proud of Jacob Argubright and adding another number one plate to Husqvarna’s record books. We have a big opportunity next weekend to wrap up the National Enduro Championship with Andrew DeLong, and we’re excited for the chance to make history.”
CAPTION One: Jacob Argubright and team celebrate his AMA National Championship. Photo by Mark Kariya
CAPTION Two : Andrew DeLong on his way to a fifth-place finish at the Unadilla GNCC. Photo by Ken Hill
Unadilla GNCC Results – XC1 Pro
1. Kailub Russell
2. Thad Duvall
3. Josh Strang
4. Christopher Bach
5. Andrew DeLong (Husqvarna)

GNCC XC1 Championship Points
1. Kailub Russell (268/7 wins)
2. Josh Strang (197)
3. Charles Mullins (181/3 wins)
4. Jordan Ashburn (176)
5. Paul Whibley (161)
6. Andrew DeLong (139) Husqvarna
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.