Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Milner Charges To Second In AORC

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Milner Charges To Second In #AORC

Despite missing two rounds due to a midseason broke ankle, CDR Yamaha's Daniel Milner has charged home to finish in second place outright after the final rounds of the Australian Off Road championship (AORC) were concluded over the weekend.

Heathcote in Victoria was the venue for the final weekend's racing in the AORC and with little chance of winning the championship, Milner was out to make up as much ground as possible on his rivals. He sat in fourth place coming into the final weekend and nothing short of winning was going to satisfy the hard charging Victorian.

Milner finished in third after Saturday's three hour sprint race but wasn't happy with the result and vowed to do better the following day. That's exactly what he did as he wound his YZ450F up and took off for the win on the final day and with some tough luck to his rivals, Milner jumped to second place in the outright standings.

"I didn't care about the championship, I just wanted to win on both days," Milner said. I didn't ride that well on Saturday but I was able to turn it around and finish the championship off strongly with a win on the final day.

"I then learned that I had finished second in the championship, so that was a nice little bonus that I wasn't expecting.

"I have some plans for next year that will be announced soon, but I have had two years with the best team in Australia, CDR Yamaha. They have played a massive part in my success for the last couple of years and best of all, I have made friends for life here. Craig and everyone on the team are great to work for and ride with and it's been my pleasure to represent them," Milner ends.

The final weekend of racing didn't turn out so flash for CDR Yamaha teammate, Chris Hollis. Anything that could go wrong on the weekend did and the results from Heathcote don't reflect the quality rider that is Chris Hollis.
"I just had a crap weekend all round, Hollis said. "Crashes, some bike issues.. everything you can think of happened and sometimes that's part of racing. I'm not sure what I can learn from it other than to keep my head up and bounce back next season."

This marks the final contracted event for the CDR Yamaha Off Road Team for season 2014. Team owner, Craig Dack, reflects on another good year for his team and looks forward to his continued involvement in off road racing.

"The last two years have been a huge learning curve for me and the CDR Yamaha team. We had basically no off road racing knowledge and experience but fortunately we have great staff and two dedicated riders that give their all.

Both Chris and Daniel have been a pleasure to work with this season. Both have excelled at times throughout the year and proven themselves to be in the off road elite and make my job as manager and owner much easier. Thank you to our staff and sponsors for another great season and to Yamaha for their passion in racing," Dack signs off.

AORC - Final Standings
OUTRIGHT
1st Toby Price - 260
2nd Daniel Milner - 218 (CDR Yamaha)
3rd Glenn Kearney - 211
4th Josh Green - 208 (Active8 Yamaha)
5th Chris Hollis - 191 (CDR Yamaha)
6th Daniel Saunders - 165
7th Lachlan Stanford - 162
8th Beau Ralston - 156 (Active8 Yamaha)
9th Tom McCormack - 150 (Active8 Yamaha)
10th Geoff Braico - 131

E2 - 450cc
1st Toby Price
2nd Josh Green (YZ450F)
3rd Daniel Milner (YZ450F)
4th Chris Hollis (WR450F)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.