Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TYCO SUZUKI READY FOR DONINGTON BSB

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#TYCO #SUZUKI READY FOR DONINGTON #BSB

Team Suzuki Press Office – September 4.

Tyco Suzuki’s John Hopkins, Josh Waters and Taylor Mackenzie are all geared-up and ready for this weekend’s ninth round of the British Superbike and Supersport Championships at Donington Park.

It’s been a tough season so far for Hopkins, but the Californian is vowing to come out fighting in the final four rounds of the season; starting this weekend during round nine at Donington Park.

John Hopkins:

“I was disappointed to have to pull-out of race two at Cadwell Park, but with my injury it was more to do with safety in the conditions. I’m feeling much better coming into Donington Park, which being a GP circuit is more to my liking and certainly suits the Suzuki going on previous results. We will give it our best-shot as always, but I have high-hopes and expectations this weekend. We may be out of the championship-hunt but there are still nine podiums up for grabs before the season ends in October.”

His team-mate Josh Waters is also feeling upbeat coming into this weekend’s round, having taken three top-six finishes on-the-bounce to compliment his outstanding victory at Brands Hatch in July.

Josh Waters:

“I’m really starting to feel more confident and at-one on the Tyco Suzuki and I believe I’m now starting to show the form that I know has been there hiding all along. Having enjoyed podium success with my win at Brands Hatch, I’d really love to be back up-there this weekend, but the goal is solid results and two-more finishes inside that top-six wouldn’t be a bad job at all on my GSX-R1000 Superbike.”

Taylor Mackenzie enjoyed his best result in Tyco Suzuki colours last year at the Leicestershire venue, taking a fine fifth place in Supersport race two. The Scottish rider will be looking for something similar this weekend.

Taylor Mackenzie:

“Although as a team we’ve put in a massive effort of late, we haven’t got the results we deserve for one reason or another. I love the Donington Park circuit and last year I wasn’t too far away from the podium guys – finishing in front of two of this year’s top-three championship contenders. I’ve worked hard with my crew to get the bike where we need it to be and I think [I hope!] Donington can be the turning-point for me as we enter the final four rounds of the year on the GSX-R600 Tyco Suzuki.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“There’s no hiding the fact that it’s been a tough season for us and I’m openly disappointed that this is the first year we haven’t reached the Showdown since its inception. But on a positive note, it does take away the added pressure and expectation of trying to win the championship and allows both John Hopkins and Josh Waters to give maximum effort and commitment in the final nine races of the season. With the pressure off them both let’s see what that brings in terms of results; and I’m also hoping for better things from Taylor this weekend at a track he knows well and has performed well on in the past.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.