Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

More race glory for 2014 YZ250F with Australian title

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

More race glory for 2014 #YZ250F with #Australian title

Further acclaim and accolades for Yamaha’s strong and completely re-worked YZ250F for 2014 arrived last weekend as Luke Clout confirmed the Australian MX2 Motocross National title at Coolum for the final round of the series. It was the second championship success in a row for the Serco Yamaha team and further proof – after a late arrival to the market – that Yamaha have achieved a potent mix of handling, usability and outright performance with their latest 250cc model.

Clout’s achievement follows a raft of notable results that have been obtained rapidly and on a global scale. Christophe Charlier and Max Anstie scored the first FIM MX2 World Championship chequered flags and the maiden overall Grand Prix triumph in the Czech Republic and Belgium respectively last month. Kiara Fontanesi claimed her third straight FIM Women’s World Championship with a Yamaha Rinaldi Research and Development kitted version of the ’14 YZ250F while Nick Kouwenberg – on the same Rinaldi kitted machine - toasted victories in the ultra competitive European EMX250 campaign. Notably, and as something of a landmark in the category, Jeremy Martin was one of three race winners with the motorcycle and recently finished the 2014 AMA 250MX Pro Nationals as Champion in the United States.

Clout followed in Luke Styke’s footsteps to maintain Yamaha’s position at the top of Australian MX2 competition. He came to Coolum on the Sunshine Coast with a 28 point lead and sealed the deal.

“I can’t tell you how excited and relieved I am. I tried to stay as calm as I could all day and not think about the championship points or the other riders, just race each race on its merits and fortunately I was able to do that and we came out on top,”
he said.

“The Serco Yamaha team have been amazing all year and the amount of work and commitment everyone there has is unreal. The 2014 YZ250F is the best bike on the track, our team sponsors are awesome and it takes a lot of people to make this happen and I can’t thank them enough,” he added.

The off-road racing season is not yet over for Yamaha’s stars. Final Grands Prix of the season take place with the State of Goias entertaining round sixteen of seventeen this weekend and then the last fixture in Leon, Mexico the following week. Bike it Yamaha Cosworth’s Max Anstie will be going for further spoils after his fantastic triumph in the demanding sand of Lommel at the beginning of August. Charlier will be also looking to complete his last MX2 campaign in style (the former European Champion must move out of the MX2 class for 2015) due to the 23 year age restriction. Jeremy Martin will compete on European shores at the end of the month courtesy of his very first selection for Team USA at the 68th Motocross of Nations.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.