Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DANNY KENT CONFIDENT AHEAD OF BRITISH MOTO3 GP

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DANNY KENT CONFIDENT AHEAD OF #BRITISH #MOTO3 GP

@HUSQVARNA’S KENT CONFIDENT AHEAD OF HOME RACE AT SILVERSTONE
Fresh from picking up Husqvarna Motorcycle’s first podium since joining the Moto3 World Championship at the beginning of 2014, Red Bull Husqvarna Ajo factory rider Danny Kent will be on home territory at this weekend’s GP of Great Britain at the famed Silverstone racing circuit.

Kent had a great race in the last round on the sweeping Czech circuit at Brno and returns to Silverstone, just half an hour away from where he lives, full of confidence. The weekend marks the fifth time Danny has raced world championship rounds on the legendary circuit, which at 5.9 km, is the longest on the tour. He made his debut here in 2010 and his best finish so far was a sixth in the Moto3 in 2012.

The British rider, who returned to Moto3 in 2014 after a season in Moto2 in 2013 has shown much improved form and has gained important confidence since the summer break. To finish third in a fiercely competitive field where 16 riders crossed the finish in Brno with less than two seconds separating them was a great result.

Kent goes to Silverstone with the knowledge that he has the talent and Husqvarna FR 250GP machinery to deliver another top result. For race day Sunday Danny says: “The race will be decided on the last two sectors, so it is important to be strong there. The first sector is not going to win you the race. The truth is that I like the circuit in general and I don’t have a favorite corner. I like riding here and want to do well for those who come out to support me and throughout the year have to make do with watching on television."

Taking an overview of the season so far, Kent reflects: "I don’t think we could be in better shape for my home round, after my first podium of the season, but we cannot relax and we must work to achieve more. We had a great race at Brno and I hope to repeat it at Silverstone. We have demonstrated that we can be on the podium. In Argentina we qualified on the front row and at Brno we took a first podium, so now we need to keep this up, trying to win races or placing on the rostrum. The Silverstone track is one that I really like. I’m looking forward to racing in front of the fans."

Racing with Kent will be Husqvarna Motorcycle’s support rider Niklas Ajo who although coming back from a recent ankle fracture, has shown very promising and constantly improving form in the 2014 season.

As is traditional at this Grand Prix, the Moto3 race will round off Sunday’s action at 14:30 local time - 15:30 CET.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.