Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DEAN FERRIS TO FINISH 2014 MXGP SEASON WITH ICEONE RACING

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DEAN FERRIS TO FINISH 2014 #MXGP SEASON WITH @ICEONE #RACING

AUSTRALIAN DEAN FERRIS SET TO FINISH 2014 MXGP SERIES WITH HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES

Husqvarna Motorcycles are pleased to confirm that Australian Dean Ferris will conclude the remainder of the FIM Motocross World Championship competing in the MXGP class for the Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing team.

Stepping in as a temporary replacement for the team’s injured riders, Ferris has showed great promise during the final four European rounds of the series in July and August.

Despite a relative lack of testing, the Husqvarna rider scored numerous top ten results in the highly competitive MXGP class on his FC 350. At round 13 of the championship in Finland, Ferris placed a very impressive sixth overall after finishing fifth in race two.

With team rider Todd Waters still recuperating from injury it has been a natural decision to offer Ferris the opportunity to contest the final two rounds of the series in Brazil and Mexico.

Taking a race win at last weekend’s round six of the ADAC MX Masters series at Gaildorf, Germany Ferris is showing great form and is eager to end 2014 on a high.

The penultimate round of the FIM Motocross World Championship takes place in Brazil on September 7.

Antti Pyrhönen (Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing Team Manager): “The team is really looking forward to finishing out the season with Dean. Despite joining us at the last minute he has showed great determination to improve. Claiming a very impressive sixth overall in Finland shows that Dean has the ability to race at the sharp end of the field and we’d like to offer him the chance to do that in Brazil and Mexico. At last weekend’s ADAC MX Masters event in Germany he won the final race of the day and is very motivated to carry that form and speed into the GPs.”

Dean Ferris: “I’m really excited to be finishing the GPs off with the IceOne Racing team. It’s great for me that they’ve extended my deal, which allows me to gain some more experience competing in the final two GPs. I’m really enjoying racing with the team, and things are going well. Since the last GP I’ve been training hard and we’ve also done a fair bit of testing. I feel strong and I think my results from the German championship show that. With two new tracks for the last two GPs it’s a level playing field for everyone, and I really want to end the year strong. Maybe a podium result is a big ask but I got close in Finland and really want to challenging for top three results.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.