Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 NATC Trail Season

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 #NATC #Trail Season

Hello Beta Enthusiasts,

We would like to recap what was an exciting 2014 Trial season. We had more than forty riders on Beta's winning two championships and zero DNF's due to bike issues. Our team support was on hand at every round providing necessary pit support including needed repairs, food, and drinks for all of our Beta competitors.

We would like to congratulate Ray Peters for winning the Expert class Championship and Ty Cullins for winning the 125 Expert class Championship! Ray announced his retirement at the end of the season and had serious competition from 15 year old Andrew Putt. Putt won three events forcing Ray Peters to win the last two rounds to take the title. Ray did not disappoint riding flawlessly in Tennessee to take both days and his 10th Expert Championship!

Peters will continue to work with Beta USA as Trial team manager for 2015.

Ray Peters in perfect form

Ty Cullins took the 125 Expert class championship with ease aboard his Beta 125 Factory Edition. Cullins continues to earn championships in the series and will be going for another one in the highly-contested Expert class in 2015. The Riverside, California rider also won the Youth Championship for 2014 and became the first rider ever to win all age groups in the Youth Trial Championship series.
Cullins Explains, "This was my 10th and final year to ride the Eastern Youth Nationals at TTC and after winning my age division seven times before it was really rewarding to finally win the top 15 & under and overall Youth Championship. Having ridden back east so much over the years I'm able to adapt to the slick conditions that TTC has to offer pretty easy now. I was happy to be going to Colorado for the Western Youth Nationals since the terrain is much more like home with big grippy rocks which is more fun to ride . I knew it would be a low scoring trials so I worked really hard on not making any small or silly mistakes, which I was able to do. On Saturday afternoon they had exhibition sections for us 0 line riders and that was a lot of fun. I liked riding in front of the crowd! This was my 3rd year in a row to win the overall title at the Western Youth National."

Ty Cullins looks to win Trial and Endurocross Championships for 2015

Ty's younger brother Cole also captured the Youth 11 and under National Championship aboard his Beta 80. The young rider is looking forward to gaining more experience so he can compete alongside his older brother in the future.

Other top Beta finishers included Alexander Niederer with a solid third place in Expert. Alexander won round five and placed in the top four at every round of the series. Andreas Niederer finished second in the Expert-Sportsman class and won three rounds in the process. He also looks to be a championship contender for 2015 in the Expert class.

2010 Trial Champion Cody Webb won both rounds he entered.

Bo Mostowy from Rhode Island finished second in the Sportsman class aboard his Beta Evo 300. Bo excelled in the muddy events and finished on the podium at six of the eight rounds. Scott Merrick finished second in the Senior 45 class taking wins in the final two rounds while fellow Beta rider Randy McCann finished the season in third. Class regular Terry Anselmo competed in only three rounds for 2014 winning two events.

Clubman class rider Grayson Hertrich showing good form in Colorado.

New Mexico Beta dealer Bruce Bolander finished the Senior 60 class in second. Beta woman rider Laura Peters finished out the season in fourth in the Women's class taking three podium finishes.

Longtime Beta rider Bruce Bolander finished second in the Senior 60 class.

All riders that compete in the NATC National series earn Beta Bucks for top three finishes in their class at each round. If you were on a Beta in the series and wish to see if you earned Beta Bucks, download the payout chart below:
2014 Beta Buck Contingency Payout
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.