Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

CDR Yamaha's 1-3 Formation Finish At A4DE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#CDR #Yamaha's 1-3 Formation Finish At #A4DE

The CDR Yamaha off road team capped off a sensational 2014 Australian Four Day Enduro (A4DE) with a 1-3 outright finish in the gruelling off road event, after the final test was wrapped up on Saturday.
Daniel Milner and Chris Hollis were in top form all week and between the two of them, led the entire event from start to finish. Hollis led the charge from the Prologue stage and day one, before Milner took over and went on to win the prestigious event.

For Milner, the 2014 A4DE win makes it three in a row for the likeable Victorian and an impressive return from injury after sustaining a broken ankle earlier in the season. Mounted on a YZ450F, Milner hit the lead on day two of the event and never looked back despite spirited challenges from Toby Price and his team mate Chris Hollis.

"Apart from a bit of dust, which couldn't be helped, it was a really enjoyable four day. Riding with Toby and Chris was awesome and we talked and joked at a lot of the check points over the four days so it was a lot of fun.

"Winning this one meant a lot, not only because it was three in a row for me, but because the level of competition that was here and for my CDR Yamaha team that do so much for me. Beating riders like Toby, Chris and Josh Strang is amazing and having them here adds to the prestige of the event.

"A big thank you to the organisers and sponsors of the event and all the volunteers that go into making a race like this happen. It's a huge job and all the riders appreciate the effort they put in," Milner ends.

Eight years ago, Chris Hollis won the A4DE. Since then his journey has taken him many places but he turned back the clock at Dungog and gave the 2014 a real shake. Hollis led the event early and then when the pressure came from Milner and Price, Hollis went toe to toe with them and in the end, less than a minute separate the top three in an enthralling battle that lasted the entire week.

In the end, Hollis finished third outright on his WR450F and his return to top form impressed everyone.

"What an awesome Four day!" Hollis said. "There is no disgrace finishing between Dan and Toby and I can leave here knowing that I gave it everything I had. The difference between winning and coming third was a couple of tests of day two where I made a couple of mistakes, but I have no regrets and I'm really happy with how the week turned out.

"Congratulations to Dan on a great ride. He really deserved to win and had to handle the pressure the whole time. Thank you to the CDR Yamaha team and our sponsors for their continued support and everyone involved in running such a successful event."

This 2014 event marks the second year since CDR Yamaha become involved with off road racing and it is also the second time that the CDR Yamaha team have won the event with Daniel Milner at the controls. For team owner, Craig Dack, the move across to off road has been a challenging one, but the rewards have been great.

"This is our second year in off road and we still have a lot to learn about this style of racing. Thankfully with riders like Daniel and Chris, as well as Stefan Merriman before that, we have been able to work with determined and talented riders who pass on as much knowledge to us as we pass onto them.

"Both Dan and Chris did an amazing job this week. On two totally different bikes, both riders proved just how good they are and what they can achieve. I couldn't be prouder of the way they conducted themselves during the week and the results they got as well as the hard work and commitment everyone on the CDR Yamaha team puts in.

"This is what all that work adds up to and it makes the long hours testing and in the workshop worthwhile.

" I'm genuinely hooked on the four day experience and as a company, Yamaha are the driving force behind off road in Australia with people like Steven Cotterell, Ray Howard and Peter Payne passionate about racing and the 4ADE.

"Thanks to Yamaha and our band of sponsors, most of which have been with us for years. I hope they can share in this victory also," Dack signs off.

More information can be found at, www.a4de.com.au and a full list of results on www.mylaps.com

To follow the CDR Yamaha team on social media; www.facebook.com/cdryamaha or on Instagram- @cdr_yamaha

OUTRIGHT Results
1st Daniel Milner - 2.27.59.511(CDR Yamaha)
2nd Toby Price - 2.28.24.085
3rd Chris Hollis - 2.29.46.023 (CDR Yamaha)
4th Josh Strang - 2.30.03.089 (Yamaha Australia)
5th Beau Ralston - 2.31.52.301 (Active8 Yamaha)
6th Lachlan Stanford -2.31.58.057
7th Tom McCormack - 2.32.10.469 (Active8 Yamaha)
8th Glenn Kearney - 2.32.53.687
9th Josh Green - 2.33.17.284 (Active8 Yamaha)
10th Daniel Saunders - 2.33.46.246

E2- 450cc
1st Daniel Milner - YZ450F
2nd Toby Price
3rd Chris Hollis - WR450F
4th Josh Strang - YZ450F
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.