Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Movistar Yamaha Complete Successful One-Day Test in Brno

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Movistar @Yamaha Complete Successful One-Day Test in #Brno

Fresh from their second consecutive double podium yesterday in the Czech Moto Grand Prix, Movistar Yamaha riders Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi were back on track today. The two spent the day focused on testing both a 2015 prototype M1 motorcycle and also a 2015 M1 engine placed within the 2014 frame.

The result of the test was positive overall. Lorenzo was first to test the 2015 machine, and was quick to rise to the top of the time sheets where he remained for most of the day, finally ending in second place, just 0.155 seconds from the front.

Teammate Rossi spent a productive day testing various details and was able to ride the 2015 prototype at the end of the day. The Italian was unable to replicate the same lap times as his teammate as the track conditions had dropped form the morning and finished in fifth place 1.035 seconds from the top.

Jorge Lorenzo

2nd / 1'55.566 / 52 laps

“We tried a few things for the bike for next year and it's quite good in some aspects, negative in others but in general better. We also tested some factors for this year. The chassis for next year seems a little more stable which is good.”

Valentino Rossi

5th / 1'56.446 / 63 laps

“The first prototype of the new engine is a small step but it is a little bit better. We also tried the prototype of the new bike. We improved some things, brake and entry is not so bad but in acceleration my feeling is that we lose a little bit. So we have something good and something bad. We have to do some more work but it was important to test today. We also tried some small details for the next races but not so important for the rest of the season. Now we have to take the data from myself and Jorge who was very fast in the morning when the conditions were a bit better.”

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director
“Today was a very important test as we were able to evaluate the prototype 2015 machine for the first time. It’s been a very positive day overall, we have managed to get a lot of useful data from both Jorge and Vale which our engineers will now take back to make the next steps with. The team will now take a short rest and after two very intense back to back races be ready to challenge again at Silverstone in two weeks time.”

Tech3 pair ready for glory after constructive Brno test
Today the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team embarked on a thorough and in depth test programme at the Automotodrom Brno with a series of specific aspects targeted in the final test before the end of the season. The session began at 10:00 at the 5403 metre circuit with dry conditions allowing the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team’s schedule to run uninterrupted until 15:00 in the Czech Republic.

Britain’s Bradley Smith accomplished today in 6th position with a best time of 1’56.451 after completing a positive and confidence boosting test in preparation for the seven remaining races of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship. The 23 year old rider relentlessly undertook 60 laps as he worked to improve the feeling of his Yamaha YZR-M1 with full fuel and new tyres as he felt this is where he had a lot of margin to improve. In addition, he explored the race setup of his MotoGP bike with his Monster Yamaha Tech3 team as well as completing some tyre testing. His final time of 1’56.451 was only 4 tenths of a second from 3rd, as he now sets his sights on his home Grand Prix at Silverstone with supreme confidence where he will battle for a high end result in front of his fans.

On the other side of the garage, Pol Espargaro meticulously analysed and examined his riding style, specifically to improve his corner speed with the Yamaha YZR-M1 at the post GP test in Brno. The reigning Moto2 world champion undertook a colossal 61 laps around the undulating Automotodrom Brno as he further increased his experience and confidence. In addition, he tested the new Bridgestone tyre compound with positive outcomes before completing the successful test in 7th with a best time of 1’56.502. This was set towards the end of his testing schedule on the 54th lap and a mere five hundredths of a second from 5th position. The information gathered today will aid the rookie who intends to close the gap to the leading bikes during his inaugural season in the premier class and potentially clinch a podium position.

Bradley Smith

6th / 1'56.541 / 60 laps

"I am really happy with the end results from today’s test as we have identified a few areas where we were struggling as well as undertaking some refinements which will help us at the beginning of the race. We now know what went wrong on Sunday, but we definitely have the pace to fight in the top five. So we mainly focused on this and I rode a lot of laps with full fuel loads. I did a low 56.4 at the end of the day with a full tank and brand new tyres like at the start of the race, which was really constructive. It was more of a case of amending at this test and not trying lots of new things and we have definitely found something with the rear shock setting to help with the full fuel load. Also, I explored a few tyre options and we know the direction to take there now. It was an information gathering day, so it’s onwards to Silverstone where I will use this new knowledge to get closer to the front and give British fans something to cheer about."

Pol Espargaro

7th / 1'56.502 / 61 laps

"All in all it was a useful day today as we really looked at my riding style which was the biggest factor I wanted to work on even if this track is not one of my favourites. We tried to improve my line around the circuit, going through every turn but the most important area where I wanted to advance is the corner speed. I am happy with my performance with braking and exiting the bends but during the curves, I need to refine how I ride the corners and make some changes to my style accordingly. After all the Yamaha is strongest in the turns and you have to be smooth. I think I am a bit too aggressive but I am learning a lot and it goes without saying that there is a big change from Moto2. There’s still some work to be done to be smoother but we made progress today focusing on specific parts of the track which I found tricky. I tried the new Bridgestone tyre which was positive with good stability plus great in braking. I can certainly use this to be quicker. Overall, we are prepared for Silverstone and I am sure we can use this information to our advantage for the next round."

De Angelis continues to work on board of the Forward Yamaha
It was a productive day of test for the NGM Forward Racing Team at Brno. After the positive 8th position claimed yesterday in the GP of Czech Republic, Aleix Espargaro was back on track today to test some new electronics settings. He completed 52 laps, setting his best lap time of 1.56.173. The Spaniard was satisfied of the solutions tested today and he is confident to fight with the front guys in occasion of the next GP that will take place at Silverstone in England in less than 2 weeks. It was an important test session for Alex De Angelis who focused on improving his confidence with the new bike. Alex improved his race pace and tested also the Forward chassis with a very positive result. In total he completed 57 laps, setting a promising 1.58.759. Together with the NGM Forward Racing riders, Loris Capirossi took the occasion of the MotoGP test session to make some laps on board of the Forward Yamaha.

Aleix Espargaró

4th / 1'56.173 / 52 laps

“We arrive from a difficult weekend, so it was important to test some solutions in order to improve my feeling with the front and to work on the electronics settings. I’m satisfied with the work done today especially regarding the electronics. I’m optimist for Silverstone”.

Alex De Angelis

16th / 1'58.759 / 57 laps

“It was a productive and useful day. Lap after lap the feeling with the bike improves and I can be faster. Today we focused on the race pace and I’m satisfied of the progress we have done. I could ride in 1.59.00 with a tyre that had 23 laps on and this means that we have improved of more than one second. I have a better feeling under braking and I can keep the line. I’m sure that we will arrive in Silverstone more competitive”.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.