Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ANDREW DELONG WINS SNOWSHOE; CONSOLIDATES POINTS LEAD

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ANDREW DELONG WINS #SNOWSHOE; CONSOLIDATES POINTS LEAD

Factory #Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong picked up his second win in the current season this weekend with a victory at the Snow Shoe National Enduro in Grand Junction, Colorado. He now has a 17-point lead in the championship standings.

DeLong started his day out strong, nearly sweeping the first four tests of the day. He cruised in the final test of the day with healthy lead aboard his FE 350, capturing the overall win by 20 seconds.

"I'm stoked on another win," Andrew said. "I felt great all day. I didn't have any issues aside from some arm pump early on, but overall I can't complain. It was fast flowing single-track; I really liked it. It was actually one of the most fun enduros I've done in my career."

Conditions were dry and dusty at the Snow Shoe – a new stop on the National Enduro circuit. The altitude was another challenge for racers (at 2438m – 8000 ft.) but for the sake of preparedness, Andrew and his brother, Craig DeLong, came out a week early to get acclimatized.

"We did some training and riding at altitude to get us ready for this race," Andrew explained. "We came out here to be prepared and we were, so it turned out to be a great day."

It was not only a good day for Andrew, but fellow Husqvarna racers Nick Fahringer and Ryder Lafferty – both of the Airgroup Radiant Racing team – also carded top-10 finishes. Husky support rider Craig DeLong placed twelfth overall in Colorado, taking second in the Expert-AA division.
CAPTION: Andrew DeLong found his flow on the single-track of the National Enduro course in Grand Junction, Colorado. Photo by Shan Moore

Snow Shoe National Enduro Results Top 10:
1. Andrew DeLong (Husqvarna)
2. Steward Baylor
3. Jesse Groemm
4. Grant Baylor
5. Ian Blythe
6. Nick Fahringer (Husqvarna)
7. Cody Webb
8. Brad Bakken
9. Ryder Lafferty (Husqvarna)
10. Max Gerston

2014 AMA National Enduro Points Standings
1. Andrew DeLong, 170 points - 2 wins
2. Jesse Groemm, 153 - 1 win
3. Nick Fahringer, 152
4. Brad Bakken, 142 - 1 win
5. Grant Baylor, 132
6. Steward Baylor, 127
7. Charles Mullins, 120-4)
8. Mike Lafferty, 110
9. Ryder Lafferty, 85
10. Cory Buttrick, 78
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.