Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

KENT FINISHES IN THE POINTS AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTO3 RD. 10

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KENT FINISHES IN THE POINTS AT #INDIANAPOLIS #MOTO3 RD. 10

Husqvarna factory rider Danny Kent of Britain managed to pick up points in Rd. 10 of the Moto3 World Championship at Indianapolis on Sunday, after advancing five positions in the course of the race, characterised by a fierce battle at the front for the premium places. Whereas no less than 10 riders fought it out for the top spots, Kent finished in the following group.

But for fellow Husqvarna rider Niklas Ajo it was not the result he might have wished for on returning after injury. The Finn was forced out by other riders in the opening stages of the race and in the process received a painful blow to his leg. He continued to about the half way mark but then crashed out and had to retire.

Kent got away well from a seventeenth grid position and managed to move up three places in the opening lap. He settled into the race oscillating between places 16-13 and eventually advanced to twelfth at the drop of the flag, just 4.4 second behind the winner Efren Vazquez in what was one of the most hard fought races of the season.

Kent said the team knew the race would be tough after failing to have a good qualifying session on Saturday. “In the early stages I lost a lot of time to the first group –maybe as much as eight seconds. Later I could start riding at my own pace and I closed the gap to four seconds,” Kent said. “We had the pace to be up at the front, but the problem was that my start wasn’t great.” Kent said later that he needs to have a good qualifying session to give himself the best chance of a good result.

Team boss Aki Ajo: “Both riders showed a good speed during the weekend but we cannot be completely happy about the race today. Danny’s position could be better. He showed his race pace this weekend and also in the last race and I hope he can put it together in the next race and fight for a top position. Niklas showed us he has recovered very quickly from his injury and he had a good speed this weekend. He was a bit unlucky at the beginning of the race when the other riders pushed him out, then finally he made a mistake when he was getting closer and closer to the top group.”

The Husqvarna riders compete on the FR 250 GP machine.

Moto3 returns to Europe immediately for Rd. 11 next weekend at the Czech circuit in Brno.
Moto3 Results
1, Efren Vasquez, ESP, Honda, 39:12.977
2, Romano Fenati, ITA, KTM, 39:13.042
3, Jack Miller, AUS, KTM, 39:13.196
4, Alexis Masbou, FRA, Honda, 39:13.349
5, Alex Rins, ESP, Honda, 39:13.696
6, Alex Marquez, ESP, Honda, 39:13.990
7, Miguel Oliveira, POR, Mahindra, 39:14.287
8, Juanfran Guevara, ESP, Kalex KTM, 39:14.872
9, Brad Binder, RSA, Mahindra, 39:15.014
10, Jakub Kornfeil, CZE, KTM, 39:15.238
12, Danny Kent, GBR, Husqvarna
DNF Niklas Ajo, FIN, Husqvarna
Moto3 Standings after Round 10
1, Miller, 158
3, Vazquez, 137
2, Marquez, 133
4, Fenati, 130
5, Rins, 118
6, Masbou, 92
7, Viñales, 90
8, Oliveira, 62
9, Binder, 56
10, Kornfeil, 54
12, Kent 50
15, Ajo, 35
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.