Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wilson Podiums As Clout Stretches MX2 Championship Lead

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wilson Podiums As Clout Stretches #MX2 Championship Lead

In a dramatic day at round eight of the MX Nationals, the @Serco @Yamaha factory supported MX2 team managed to overcome crashes, mechanical gremlins and a demanding race track to be well placed in the championship with two rounds remaining.

Jay Wilson delivered on his obvious talent taking third for the day, just two points off the round win. Wilson was caught up in a first turn pile up in race one and had to pick up the pieces as the field sped away. In 20 minutes, he charged his way back to seventh in a good ride.

Moto two saw a much better start and he moved into second early in the race. He stayed within two seconds of the race leader, but could never get close enough to make a pass to finish second. Another good start in race three and Wilson was again in the top three, a position he maintained until the finish. His 8-2-3 results gave him third for the round and moved him up to fifth in the championship.

"I thought I rode pretty well today," Wilson said. "Even in race one when I fell in the first turn, I thought I came back strongly so I knew that if I got a good start, then I would stay up the front.

"The next two races I managed to stay clear of the usual first turn carnage and I was on the pace. It was good to get on the podium again, it's been a while since I have been up here," Wilson explained.

Despite a mechanical issue in both race and two, Luke Clout increase his points lead in the championship and now holds down a 28 point lead. His bike developed a misfire during race one that slowed his charge to the front and he could only manage a third place finish.

The Serco team worked feverishly between the motos to address the issue running several test runs prior to the race and believed they had found the problem but once again, as the race went past halfway, the bike slowed and this time he dropped back to 11th.

The team then swapped to the spare bike for the final moto and there was simply no stopping Clout. With his bike running well, Clout jumped to an early lead and never surrender it to win the race and his combined 3-11-1 scores put him in fourth for the round but he stretched his lead in the championship by another 18 points.

"I was desperate to do well as this is like a local race for me and I had plenty of friends and family here today. We aren't really sure what was happening with the bike as it would run fine for a while, then slowly get worse as the race went on to the point where I was even lucky to finish the second race.

"We couldn't pin point the issue, although it did seem heat related as it was fine until several laps into the race, so we just swapped to the spare bike and I was able to win the race and salvage some points for the day. It's my first race win in a while so that felt pretty good.

"It was fortunate to have a day like I had and to still increase my lead in the championship but I will gladly take it," Clout ends.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.