Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MARTIN & TYCO SUZUKI SCORE ARMOY DOUBLE WIN

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MARTIN & TYCO SUZUKI SCORE ARMOY DOUBLE WIN

Team Suzuki Press Office – July 26.

Tyco Suzuki’s Guy Martin raced to a double-victory at today’s Armoy Road Races in Northern Ireland and made it three wins for the locally-based Moneymore team AND much needed impetus for the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix in just over two weeks’ time.

Martin and team-mate William Dunlop reversed their podium positions from Friday evening’s Supersport encounter in today’s 600cc race, with Lincolnshire-based Martin taking his first-ever win at Armoy. The Southern 100 Solo Champion then backed-it-up with yet another GSX-R-powered win in the Open class, before finishing second in the final ‘Race of Legends’ event.

Martin, who also collected the ‘Man of the Meeting’ award, said: “We’ve never had a win at Armoy, so I’m happy to come away with two wins and the ‘Man of the Meeting’ award. The bikes are mega in the wet or dry, but in that last race I’d a couple of moments and the second one was big enough to let me know to back-off a little bit. But yeah… it’s a mega little meeting: we’ve had a couple of wins to back-up the Southern 100 win and it’s a good run-out before the Ulster Grand Prix. Hopefully we can go there and do something similar to last year. It’s a race for the boat home now, but thanks to the TAS boys for another mega weekend of racing.”

Dunlop said: “Conditions were difficult today but in the 600 race I just didn’t ride well enough for the win. In the Open race I was struggling for rear-grip off the turns or I feel I could have won it, but the win on Friday night and today’s top-four results is another step forward with our preparation for the Ulster Grand Prix.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said: “It was great to be able to support the Armoy event once again this year, as we are always made very welcome by the organisers; and it has become an event we really enjoy participating in.

“In terms of results: a one-two in both Supersport races in firstly dry, then wet conditions was especially pleasing and really is testament to how strong a package the Yoshimura powered GSX-R600 has become.

“Guy’s first win in the Superbike class at Armoy was another milestone in our partnership with him, and although Michael had a little bit more than us in the final race of the day – we leave Armoy very happy with our performances. Thanks to both William and Guy for their efforts on track and of course my team, who always give 100% percent behind the scenes.”

Moyle D.C Supersport Results: 1 Guy Martin (Tyco Suzuki); 2 William Dunlop (Tyco Suzuki) +6.600sec; 3 Keith Amor +10.783sec; 4 Derek McGhee +11.018sec; 5 Michael Dunlop +13.455sec; 6 Derek Sheils +30.657sec.

SGS International Superbike Open: 1 Guy Martin (Tyco Suzuki); 2 Michael Dunlop +0.820sec; 3 William Dunlop (Tyco Suzuki) +8.718sec; 4 Dan Kneen +10.088sec; 5 *Keith Amor +12.452; 6 *Derek McGhee +15.755sec. (*600cc machines)

RiverRidge Recycling Race of Legends: 1 Michael Dunlop; 2 Guy Martin (Tyco Suzuki) +3.228sec; 3 Dan Kneen +6.131sec; 4 William Dunlop (Tyco Suzuki) +6.385sec; 5 Seamus Elliott +24.314sec; 6 Derek Sheils.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.