Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Hollis And Milner Crowd AORC Podium In Kyogle

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Hollis And @Milner Crowd @AORC Podium In #Kyogle

CDR Yamaha Off Road's duo of Chris Hollis and Daniel Milner racked up the podium time with both riders finishing in the top three at rounds nine and ten of the Australian Off Road Championship held under clear blue skies in Kyogle, NSW.

The weekend marked a return to form for Hollis. After struggling to post the results he expected of himself at the last two events, Hollis bounced back strongly at the Kyogle round and put his Yamaha WR450F on the podium on both days.

Hollis finished second on Saturday and then racked up another second on Sunday in one of his best performances of the year and a real confidence booster heading into the final rounds and also the A4DE in the coming months.

Hollis holds down fourth in the Outright standings and 3rd in the premier E2 division.

"The last couple of rounds have been a little sandy based and that's not my best surface so I was really looking forward to the Kyogle weekend,' Hollis explains. "I felt good right from the start and it was nice to post a good result on Saturday and I was much more relaxed heading into Sunday.

"The WR was great in these conditions and I was within 10 seconds of the lead on both days so it was pretty tight. It's good to leave here with a good result and look forward to the coming events," he ends.

For any other rider, two third place finishes at a national championship round would be a great result, but not Daniel Milner. Milner finished third on both days, right in the shadow of team mate Hollis, but wasn't impressed with his weekend and acknowledges there is work to be done.

Despite missing two rounds sue to his ankle injury, Milner currently sits in fifth Outright after 10 rounds, fourth in the E2 class.

"I won the last round after coming off my ankle injury, but that weekend kept me from riding and training the following week which was a setback. I felt I lacked some fitness over the weekend and also I need to brush up on riding hard pack dirt as you need to be a little smoother on the brakes and throttle.

"With the A4DE, I6DE and the final rounds of the AORC approaching, I need to work hard on those two things so I'm 100%," he said.

The final two rounds of the 2014 AORC will be run at Heathcote in Victoria on the weekend of September 6 and 7. The CDR Yamaha dup will be looking for a big finish to the year in their home state event.

Outright - Saturday
1st Toby Price
2nd Chris Hollis - CDR Yamaha (WR450F)
3rd Daniel Milner - CDR Yamaha (YZ450F)
4th Glenn Kearney
5th Josh Green (YZ450F)

Outright - Sunday
1st Toby Price
2nd Chris Hollis
3rd Daniel Milner
4th Lachlan Stanford
5th Josh Green

Championship Standings - After Round 10
1st Toby Price - 213
2nd Glenn Kearney - 185
3rd Josh Green - 182 (Active8 Yamaha YZ450F)
4th Chris Hollis - 176 (CDR Yamaha WR450F)
5th Daniel Milner - 173 (CDR Yamaha YZ450F)
6th Lachlan Stanford - 132
7th Daniel Saunders - 129
8th Tom McCormack - 126 (Active8 Yamaha YZ250F)
9th Jarrod Bewley - 118
10th Beau Ralston - 114 (Active8 Yamaha YZ450F)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.