Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HINES RACES HARLEY V-ROD TO FOURTH NHRA WIN OF SEASON AT DEN

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HINES RACES #HARLEY V-ROD TO FOURTH @NHRA WIN OF SEASON AT DENVER
Hines and @Krawiec Lock Up Spots in Countdown Playoffs

MORRISON, Colo. (July 20, 2014) – Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines rider Andrew Hines raced a Harley-Davidson® V-Rod® motorcycle to his fourth final-round win of the season in Pro Stock Motorcycle competition at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals at Bandimere Speedway, part of the NHRA Mellow Yello Drag Racing Series. Hines defeated Gottspeed/Star Racing Buell rider Michael Ray in the final.

With points earned this weekend, Hines and Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines teammate Ed Krawiec have locked up spots in the six-race Countdown to the Championship playoffs, which begins Sept. 12-14 at the NHRA Carolina Nationals at Charlotte, N.C.

“My new V-Rod is undefeated,” said Hines. “This new bike we debuted at Norwalk is so easy to ride, I can really focus on my starts. We were killer in qualifying, which I think got in the heads of some other racers.”

Hines qualified second for the event with an Elapsed Time (ET) of 7.198 seconds. Krawiec posted a best ET of 7.208 seconds to qualify the team’s other Harley-Davidson® V-Rod® in the third position. Lucas Oil Buell rider Hector Arana Jr. was the number-one qualifier at 7.178 seconds.

In Sunday eliminations, Krawiec defeated John Hall on the Matt Smith Racing Buell in round one, but lost on a holeshot to Power Sports Institute Suzuki rider Steve Johnson in round two.

“We had an electrical issue with my bike on Friday that set us back, but I think we’ve got that solved,” said Krawiec. “I just lost a good drag race today. I’ve got to win some more rounds at the next two events and hold on to second place for the Countdown.”

Hines advanced through the first two elimination rounds on starting line fouls by Kandy Racing Buell rider Angie Smith and Jim Underdahl on the Bad Boys Buggies Suzuki. Hines defeated Johnson in round three to advance to the final. In that race, Ray got a jump on the Harley-Davidson rider at the start before his motorcycle faltered mid-run and Hines scored a decisive win, 7.246 seconds to 9.033 seconds, the 36th of his career.

“I probably caught a break in the final because Ray got a great start and might have beaten me if he ran the way he did earlier today,” said Hines, “but that’s why we race them. You’ve got to make it to the finish line.”

After eight of 16 events on the 2014 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle schedule, Hines leads the series with 775 points. Krawiec is second with 640 points. Arana Jr. is third with 582 points, followed by Hector Arana with 488 points and Hall with 438 points.

The Harley-Davidson Screamin’ Eagle/Vance & Hines team and the Pro Stock Motorcycle series will be back on the track on July 25-27 at the 27th annual NHRA Sonoma Nationals at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.