Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

RUNNER-UP RESULT FOR GRAHAM JARVIS AT ROMANIACS 2014

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

RUNNER-UP RESULT FOR GRAHAM JARVIS AT #ROMANIACS 2014

GRAHAM JARVIS’ THREE-YEAR REIGN AT THE RED BULL ROMANIACS ENDS WITH HARD FOUGHT RUNNER-UP RESULT

Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis has finally seen his incredible unbeaten run of form at the Red Bull Romaniacs come to an end having finished as runner-up in this year’s race.

Entering the weeklong race in Sibiu, Romania as the defending champion, Jarvis got his title defence off to great start by claiming second place in Tuesday’s City Prologue.

With the race starting for real the following day, the Husqvarna rider pushed hard to try and take an early advantage. But with closest rival Jonny Walker chasing him hard it wasn’t to be Jarvis’ day and he placed second to Walker on Day One.

Bouncing back to claim victory on Day Two, Graham levelled the score with Walker as they began the second half of the race. Ending Day Three second to Walker, he faced a tough challenge to retake control of the race lead on the final day. Despite his best efforts he was unable to reel Walker back in on the predominately fast and flowing terrain of the fourth and final day. Despite his best efforts Jarvis finally secured the runner-up result.

Husqvarna mounted Canadian Cory Graffunder acquitted himself well in his debut ride at Romaniacs. Focused simply on gaining experience in the race, Graffunder steadily improved as he grew accustomed to the terrain. Reaching the finish line, he secured a well-deserved top 10 result.

Graham Jarvis: “Unfortunately, it’s my first Red Bull Romaniacs defeat in four years but overall I’ve got to be happy with the runner-up result. Jonny rode a great race and hardly put a foot wrong all week. I was hoping to try and gain some time back on him on Day Four but it wasn’t possible. The early part of the day was quite fast and he managed to pull a gap on me. In the end I was just happy to ride home for second. It’s been a different race this year – not as hard as it’s been in the past. It’s been good though. I’ve really enjoyed it, but I just didn’t have the pace of Jonny in all the fast stuff. Of course I wanted to win but I’ll come back stronger next year and try to win it back.”

Cory Graffunder: “I’m just happy to have reached the finish. With the decision made to come here at the very last minute I knew I was underprepared but just wanted to make the best of the opportunity Husqvarna gave me. Day One was tough as I was just getting used to the type of race and the conditions. We had harder days after that but I was improving all the time. My goal was to reach the finish and I did even better with a top ten result, so I’m extremely pleased. Hopefully next year I can return and build on what I’ve achieved here.”

Results – Romaniacs 2014 (overall)

1. Jonny Walker (KTM)

2. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna)

3. Wade Young (KTM)

4. Paul Bolton (KTM)

5. Andreas Lettenbichler (KTM)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.