totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TRIUMPH HEADS WEST FOR AMA PRO ROAD RACING AT WORLD RENOWNED

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@TRIUMPH HEADS WEST FOR @AMA PRO ROAD #RACING AT WORLD RENOWNED @MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA #SECA

ATLANTA (July 10, 2014) – AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike series travels to the West Coast for a three-day race weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, July 11-13. The weekend’s events include AMA Pro Road Racing’s top riders alongside their FIM Superbike World Championship counterparts in the GEICO Motorcycle U.S. Round for a weekend of fast paced, technical racing around the 11-turn, 2.238-mile road course in Monterey, Calif.

Daytona SportBike series Triumph rider Danny Eslick and the #69 Riders Discount Racing team currently sit in second place with 109 points just 12 points back from the championship leader.

“My team continues to dial in the performance of our bike, and we continue to maintain a great rhythm heading into this race,” said Eslick. “I’ll be pushing hard for the top spot.”

Bobby Fong and the #50 Latus Motors Racing/Castrol/Triumph team return to California after winning the opening round of the GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. The team finished second in the three-race western U.S. series earlier this race season.

“I always look forward to racing Laguna Seca. It’s a fast track with open throttle straightaways and tight technical corners,” said Bobby Fong, rider of the #50 Latus Motors Racing/Castrol/Triumph. “Best of all is the the corkscrew at turn eight. As a rider, it is one of the most exhilarating sections of a track in the United States.”

Seven Triumph riders are entered to compete in Round 6 of the Daytona SportBike class:

* Melissa Paris -- #13 MPH Racing/D&D Cycles/Go AZ Motorcycles/Triumph

* Steve Rapp -- #15 D&D Cycles/Castrol/Triumph

* Elena Myers – #21 Apex Manufacturing/Castrol/Triumph

* Jason DiSalvo – #40 Sportbike Track Time/Castrol/Triumph

* Bobby Fong – #50 Latus Motors Racing/Castrol/Triumph

* Danny Eslick – #69 Riders Discount Racing Triumph

* Miles Thornton - #72 D&D Cycles/Castrol/Triumph
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.