Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARA’S ANDREW DELONG TAKES FIRST SEASON’S WIN IN AMA NAT

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARA’S ANDREW DELONG TAKES FIRST SEASON’S WIN IN @AMA NATIONAL #ENDURO

Factory Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong was in winning form at the Loose Moose National Enduro at Marquette, Michigan this weekend to take his first victory of the season in the competition.

Revelling in the near perfect conditions, DeLong brought his Husqvarna FE 350 over the finish line with an impressive winning margin of nearly a minute. Nick Fahringer finished third overall aboard his Air Group Husqvarna, making it a strong day for the brand. Fahringer also currently leads the standings, DeLong is now third. Andrew’s younger brother Craig DeLong was also in form on his Husqvarna TC 250 and picked up the 250 AA Class win.

"I came here with a bit more confidence after my performance at Snow Shoe. Today I was more in tune with the bike, more comfortable," said DeLong. "It's not a foreign object; like I know what it'll do and I know what I want."

Andrew's increased ease and confidence was also readily apparent to his boss Andy Jefferson, Husqvarna's team manager.

"Beginning with the first special test Andrew was spot-on all day," said Jefferson. "He maintained a great pace throughout each special test and he showed a tremendous amount of enthusiasm and energy. He didn't appear to fatigue or tire. He rode well and it was easy to see that he enjoyed being here."

DeLong set a blistering pace right from the start picking up a 22-second lead in the first special test and going on to win all but two special tests. At test #5 Andrew crashed and dropped some 12-seconds and in special test #6 he finished 2-seconds off first place after getting hung up on a rock.

In recent weeks Jefferson had suggested to DeLong that he may be a victim of over training and encouraged Andrew to cut back on his workouts and establish a new pace for training between races. Similar advice was offered by others including friend and racing rival Charlie Mullins.

"I thought training harder was the way to go but I had burned myself out. Over the past couple of weeks I've backed it down and it is working for me. I cut back a bit on my riding and I changed my diet, too. Normally I don't eat solid food during an enduro, just drink liquids, but today I ate between the tests and I had a lot of energy throughout the enduro."

"Andrew showed up hungry to win today." Jefferson reflected. "His win here at the Loose Moose is a nice payoff for working and training smarter, not just harder." Andrew’s younger brother Craig DeLong was also in form on his Husqvarna TC 250 and picked up the 250 AA Class win.

The win ends a dry spell for DeLong. He won his last National Enduro win at the Concho National Enduro at Blackwell, Texas in March 2013.

Loose Moose National Enduro Pro Class Results
1, Andrew DeLong HUSQVARNA FE 350
2. Steward Baylor Jr. KTM
3, Nick Fahringer HUSQVARNA
4, Grant Baylor KTM5, Brad Bakken Yamaha
6. Mike Lafferty KTM
7, Cory Buttrick Beta
8, Jesse Groemm KTM
9, Paddy Holloway KTM
10, Ryder Lafferty HUSQVARNA

Kenda/AMA National Enduro Series Standings
1, Nick Fahringer HUSQVARNA
2, Charles Mullins KTM
3, Andrew DeLong HUSQVARNA
4, Brad Bakken Yamaha
5, Jesse Groemm KTM
6, Grant Baylor KTM
7. Mike Lafferty KTM
8, Cory Buttrick Beta
9, Steward Baylor Jr KTM
10, Ryder Lafferty HUSQVARNA
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.