Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HARLEY-DAVIDSON WRECKING CREW RIDER MEES WINS IN LIMA

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HARLEYDAVIDSON WRECKING CREW #RIDER MEES WINS IN #LIMA
Victory Moves Mees to Third Place in Season Points Standings

LIMA, Ohio (June 28, 2014) – Harley-Davidson Wrecking Crew rider Jared Mees charged to a come-from-behind victory in the AMA Grand National Twins main at the Ohio National. Mees rode a Harley-Davidson® XR750 motorcycle entered by Rogers Racing/Las Vegas H-D/Blue Springs H-D to his the first win of the season on the Allen County Fairgrounds half-mile.

Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Factory Team rider Brad Baker won a heat race and finished second in the Dash for Cash bonus sprint, but did not finish the Grand National Twins main after his motorcycle suffered a mechanical issue on the second lap. The defending AMA Grand National champion was credited with a 17th place finish.

South East H-D/White’s H-D rider Sammy Halbert put his Harley-Davidson XR750 on the pole for the 25-lap main, and led the field from the first lap, opening a 2.5-second gap over Crosley Radio/Villa-Esparza Kawasaki rider Bryan Smith, with Mees another two seconds back in third place. Halbert’s race ended on lap 11 when his engine failed, handing the lead to Smith. Smith’s high line on the rugged Lima half-mile began to wear down, and Mees used a lower line to pass for the lead on lap 14. Smith was later passed by USC Kawasaki rider Brandon Robinson. Mees finished the race 2.66 seconds ahead of Robinson, with Smith third and the series points leader, Zanotti Racing/Moroneys H-D rider Kenny Coolbeth Jr., fourth on a Harley-Davidson XR750.

For Mees, the 2012 AMA Grand National champion, the 14th win of his career was also his third at Lima, but his first at the Ohio track since 2007.

“It’s great to be back on top of the box at Lima,” said Mees. “This has got to be one of my most exciting wins ever. I got a good start and just stuck to my plan and my line, got a break when Sammy went out and then caught Bryan when his line was wearing down. I actually lost my brakes near the end, but I just kept the bike on two wheels and made it work.”

Halbert won the four-lap Dash for Cash bonus race.

After five of 16 events, Coolbeth retains the AMA Grand National series lead with 95 points. Ramspur Winery/Lloyd Bros Motorsports rider Jake Johnson is second with 86 points, followed by Mees with 85 points. Baker is in 10th place with 42 points.

AMA Grand National Twins racing resumes on July 5 on the Hagerstown Speedway half-mile at Hagerstown, Md.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.