Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SUZUKI SCORES IDM SUPERSPORT 600 PODIUM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@SUZUKI SCORES IDM #SUPERSPORT 600 PODIUM

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 26.

Team Suzuki Stoneline-Mayer rider Tatu Lausletho raced to a podium position at the third round of the German IDM Superbike Championship’s Supersport 600 class at Oschersleben at the weekend.

The 30-year-old Finn scored third position in the opening race aboard his GSX-R600, and then fourth in race two under changing weather conditions and a series of red-flags; in race one because of oil on the track and later due to rain showers in the second.

Said Lausletho: “The two guys in front were a little too quick for me this time, but I’m feeling very good in the team and the Suzuki is working really well. I hope to score even better results very soon.”

HPC Power Suzuki Racing Team rider Vittorio Iannuzzo struggled with unfamiliar tyres, but the Italian took valuable championship points in both races. Said Iannuzzo: “Unfortunately the changing weather meant low asphalt temperatures. We couldn’t make the tyres fully-work and I wasn’t able to attack as much as I wanted. Finishing fourth and sixth is not so bad, I am getting used to the bike more and more; and hopefully better results are on the horizon.”

Sarah Heide (Team Suzuki Laux ADAC Sachsen) enjoyed her best rides of the season so far. The 26-year-old ended race one in eighth place, backing it up with the same after a start collision and a stunning ride through the field in race two.

The second Suzuki GSX-R1000 of the HPC Power Suzuki Racing Team stayed idle in the Superbike class as Vincent Philippe is still on the sidelines due to injury. It is unlikely the Frenchman will be fit for the upcoming meeting at the Nürburgring on June 29th so is being replaced by stand-in rider Erwan Nigon.

Result Supersport race 1: 1. Marvin Fritz (Yamaha), 2. Roman Stamm (Kawasaki), 3. Tatu Lauslehto (Suzuki), 4. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Suzuki), 5. Christian von Gunten (Kawasaki), 6. Jasha Huber (Kawasaki), 7. Kostiantyn Pisarev (Yamaha), 8. Sarah Heide (Suzuki), 9. Christian Stange (Suzuki), 10. Gareth Jones (Honda).

Result Supersport race 2: 1. Marvin Fritz (Yamaha), 2. Roman Stamm (Kawasaki), 3. Stefan Kerschbaumer (Yamaha), 4. Tatu Lauslehto (Suzuki), 5. Pepijn Bijsterbosch (Yamaha), 6. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Suzuki), 7. Kostiantyn Pisarev (Yamaha) 8. Sarah Heide (Suzuki), 9. Christian von Gunten (Kawasaki), 10. Gareth Jones (Honda).

Supersport Championship Standing (after 6 of 16 races): 1. Marvin Fritz 140 Points, 2. Roman Stamm 121, 3. Tatu Lausletho (Suzuki GSX-R600), 87, 4. Stefan Kerschbaumer 83, 5. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Suzuki GSX-R600) 64, 6. Pepijn Bijsterbosch 48, 7. Jasha Huber 43, 8. Christian von Gunten 41, 9. Christian Stange (Suzuki GSX-R600) 39, 10. Sarah Heide Suzuki (GSX-R600) 34.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.