Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Green And McCormack Lead Active8 Yamaha Charge

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Green And McCormack Lead @Active8 @Yamaha Charge

#Active8 Yamaha's Tom McCormack and Josh Green turned in impressive performances at rounds seven and eight of the Australian Off Road championship (AORC) held at Coonawarra, South Australia, over the weekend.

McCormack impressed with his best weekend of the season taking the E1 (250Cc) class double, winning on both days and extending his lead in the E1 championship. McCormack excelled in the conditions and posted good results outright, claiming ninth and sixth respectively on his YZ250F.

"The weekend went well for me and I was able to win on both days. The sandy conditions are similar to what I ride in at Byron Bay so I felt right at home and enjoyed the weekend. The bike was awesome all weekend and it was a good weekend for the team all round," McCormack said.

Josh Green also flew the Active8 Yamaha flag with pride taking fourth outright on both days on his YZ450F. Green battled hard all weekend and consolidated his place in the top three of the championship after right rounds and is within striking distance of the outright championship lead .

"I was in contention all weekend which was good. After being sick for Finke, it's nice to feel fit when turning up to an event and know that you have the fitness to race at your best. Only 13 points separate the top three in the championship and with four rounds to go, so things are pretty tight and a strong finish at the remaining rounds will be the difference," Green explains.

Stefan Granquist holds down second in the E3 championship after eight rounds after a solid weekend in South Australia. Mounted on his WR450F, Granquist was 12th on Saturday and 11th on Sunday Outright and was in the top three both days in class.

Beau Ralston was another consistent performer for the Active8 team and continues to gain experience in his first year racing off road. Ralston was inside the top 12 both days and sits a respectable 12th in the championship, sixth in the highly competitive E2 class.

"It was a good weekend for the team," states team manager, AJ Roberts. "Tom and Josh rode exceptionally well and have put themselves in a good position as far as the championship goes, while Stefan and Beau continues to rack up consistent results in their classes.

"This is a very busy period for the team at the moment with a heap of events on so I would to thank the riders and the team members for their efforts for their continued hard work."

The next round of the AORC takes place on July 19 and 20 at Kyogle in NSW. Members of the Active8 Yamaha team will also participate in other high profile events such as the Hattah Desert race and the WA Adventure Tri -Series in the coming weeks.

Round Seven Results
Outright
1st Daniel Milner - E2 (CDR Yamaha)
2nd Toby Price - E2
3rd Glenn Kearney - E3
4th Josh Green -E2 (Active8 Yamaha)
5th Geoff Braico - E3
6th Chris Hollis - E2 (CDR Yamaha)
7th Daniel Saunders (U19)
8th Jarrod Bewley - E3
9th Tom McCormack - E1 (Active8 Yamaha)
10th Beau Ralston - E2 (Active8 Yamaha)
12th Stefan Granquist - E3 (Active8 Yamaha)

Round Eight Results
Outright
1st Daniel Milner
2nd Toby Price
3rd Glenn Kearney
4th Josh Green
5th Chris Hollis
6th Tom McCormack
7th Lachlan Stanford
8th Jarrod Bewley
9th Geoff Braico
10th Daniel Saunders
11th Stefan Granquist
12th Beau Ralston

Championships Standings - After Round Eight
1st Toby Price - 163
2nd Glenn Kearney - 152
3rd Josh Green - 150
4th Daniel Milner - 133
5th Chris Hollis - 132
6th Lachlan Stanford - 110
7th Daniel Saunders - 108
8th Jarrod Bewley - 101
9th Tom McCormack - 98
10th Geoff Braico - 88
11th Stefan Granquist
12th Beau Ralston

E1 - After Eight Rounds
1st Tom McCormack - 191
2nd Scott Keegan - 167
3rd Peter Boyle - 158

E2
1st Toby Price - 163
2nd Josh Green - 160
3rd Chris Hollis - 150

E3
1st Glenn Kearney - 197
2nd Stefan Granquist - 164
3rd Jarrod Bewley - 155
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.