totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES SECURE 1-3 RESULT AT HARD ENDURO PIATR

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES SECURE 1-3 RESULT AT HARD ENDURO PIATRA NEAMT IN #ROMANIA

Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Graham Jarvis delivered a flawless performance at the Hard Enduro Piatra Neamt in Romania to win round two of the European Extreme Enduro Championship. And with Alfredo Gomez placing third it was an event to remember for Husqvarna Motorcycles.

As the defending event champion, Jarvis entered HEPN as one of the main favourites for victory. But with race attracting a host of world-class extreme enduro riders for the second round of the newly introduced European Extreme Enduro Championship it was never going to be an easy race.

Placing second in Friday’s Prologue, Jarvis got his weekend off to a strong start. Starting day one in second, Jarvis set about reeling in close rival Jonny Walker. Catching Walker on the final hill climb, Jarvis battled his way past to win the day. With a sizable advantage in hand starting day two, Jarvis rode steadily and smart. Making few mistakes he crossed the finish line directly behind Walker to ensure the outright win and with it took control of the championship lead.

Making his debut ride at HEPN, Alfredo Gomez was quick to impress. Fourth in the Prologue, the Spaniard delivered a solid performance on day one to catch and pass Walker to place second. On day two a few mistakes held Gomez back. Losing time to leaders Jarvis and Walker, Gomez ended his day in third and narrowly lost out on the outright runner-up result by just six seconds.

Graham Jarvis: “It’s great to get another win at the HEPN and also take the lead in the European Extreme Enduro Championship. It’s been a tough couple of days. Rain on day one made things very slippery and greasy and also navigation was hard. On the last hill I managed to pass Jonny and take the win. That gave me a good advantage entering the final day so I knew that if I rode smart the outright win was mine. Jonny caught me early and was pushing hard so I just tried to stay close to him. We pretty much arrived to the finish together so I knew I had won the race – it’s been a brilliant weekend.”

Alfredo Gomez: “It’s been a close race. I’m happy to have finished on the podium but just a little disappointed to have missed out on the runner-up result by only six seconds. The conditions were tricky and I got lost about five times on day one. It’s only my first time here so overall I’m pleased to get a top three result.”

Results – Hard Enduro Piatra Neamt

1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 4:53:48; 2. Jonny Walker 4:56:51; 3. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 4:56:57…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.