Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SEEWER SIGNS TWO YEAR SUZUKI DEAL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#SEEWER SIGNS TWO YEAR #SUZUKI DEAL

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 23.

Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe has confirmed a contract with ‘rookie of the season’ Jeremy Seewer for the Swiss to remain in factory ‘yellow’ with the RM-Z250 for 2015 and 2016.

The 19 year old has been connected to the manufacturer since his early teens and currently stands an impressive 10th in the FIM MX2 World Championship standings after 11 of 17 rounds into his maiden Grand Prix campaign.

The deal was agreed prior to the team’s home GP this weekend at Teutschenthal but the contract was signed at the Talkessel circuit and in the presence of Suzuki International Europe General Manager Jan Breckwoldt. Seewer will pair-up with Glenn Coldenhoff for the 2015 FIM term as the Dutchman moves into the MXGP category with a RM-Z450 and promising talent Brian Hsu will step into European EMX250 with some possible Grand Prix appearances part of the plan.

“This was always going to be a good move for me and a natural one,” said Seewer, who also has an option to stay with the Suzuki outfit for 2017 and for what will be his final year in the MX2 class under the current 23 age limit rules. “A big part was making sure that we have the best equipment to go into our next seasons together and this was something we could work out quite easily. I want to continue to learn and grow with the team: 2015 will be my first as a real, full-time Pro and it will be pretty exciting!”

“Jeremy has been on a Suzuki and supported by us since his was 13 years old so it was the next move to make sure he continues his path to the top as part of our project,” commented Breckwoldt. “He knows the bike and the technology, knows the team and knows the brand. He has been limited with the time and energy he could put into his racing but has done really well in the circumstances, mixing his school and competition especially this first year in GPs. We are happy he is staying onboard, and to deal with his family who have been so careful and professional about his development into the athlete we see today,” he added.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.