Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Van der Mark maintains momentum in Misano

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Van der Mark maintains momentum in @Misano

Michael van der Mark set the second-fastest overall time in today’s two World Supersport practice sessions in preparation for Sunday’s seventh-round championship race at the Misano World Circuit ‘Marco Simoncelli’ in Italy.

The 21-year-old Pata Honda rider from Rotterdam in the Netherlands fired his Honda CBR600RR around the 4.226km Misano circuit in a time of 1m39.777s, just 0.1s behind provisional pole sitter Jules Cluzel.

Van der Mark’s Pata Honda team-mate Lorenzo Zanetti recovered from a difficult morning session, which included a small crash, to record the fifth fastest time overall today. The 26-year-old Italian is confident of further improvement ahead of tomorrow afternoon’s qualifying session.

Michael van der Mark - P2

The first day was quite OK and we were immediately quite fast this morning. I didn’t have a good feeling with the setting though and we changed a lot this afternoon which gave me a much better feeling. We struggled a little to improve the time but at the end we tried some different rear tyres and I improved. I’m happy with that but we still have some work to do because I am missing some grip, but I’m sure we can improve tomorrow.

Lorenzo Zanetti - P5

This afternoon was better than this morning when I had a strange feeling on the bike which I think affected all riders. The track was dirty but I wasn’t able to improve because of a stupid crash which wasn’t my fault. A slower rider was on the outside of turn eight where I took my line and just he moved right across. I hurt my right hand a little but it’s not too bad and not broken. We worked immediately to improve the setting for this afternoon and it was better. We tried the new tyre that Pirelli brought for the weekend and also simulated a race distance. I finished fifth; the rhythm is not too bad and the first six riders are very close. In general, it’s positive because we found a way and I hope we can continue that tomorrow and aim for a front row in qualifying.

Pieter Breddels - technical o-ordinator

This morning Michael was fastest and started really well, which he continued this afternoon. Lorenzo was a little behind in the first session, but at the end of the day he made quite a good step and there are only a few tenths in it. Both guys are in the ball-park so we’ll see what more we can do tomorrow.

Weather
Sunny

Air
30°C

Track
48°C

Humidity
41%

Free Practice Results

1 Jules Cluzel 1m39.651 FRA MV MV Agusta RC-Yakhnich Motorsport
2 Michael van der Mark 1m39.777 NED HONDA Pata Honda World Supersport Team
3 Ratthapark Wilairot 1m39.848 THA HONDA Core PTR Honda
4 Kenan Sofuoglu 1m39.902 TUR KAWASAKI MAHI Racing Team India
5 Lorenzo Zanetti 1m40.006 ITA HONDA Pata Honda World Supersport Team
6 Patrick Jacobson 1m40.050 USA KAWASAKI Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres
7 Raffaele De Rosa 1m40.223 ITA HONDA Core PTR Honda
8 Roberto Tamburini 1m40.324 ITA KAWASAKI San Carlo Puccetti Racing
9 Jack Kennedy 1m40.414 IRL HONDA CIA Insurance Honda
10 Florian Marino 1m40.464 FRA KAWASAKI Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.