Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pata Honda riders hungry for further Italian success

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Pata #Honda #riders hungry for further #Italian success

The World Supersport championship heads to Italy this weekend (20-22 June) for round seven of the 2014 series which returns to Misano World Circuit ‘Marco Simoncelli’ after a two-year absence.

Both Pata Honda riders, Michael van der Mark and Lorenzo Zanetti, have a strong motivation to aim for top results on their Honda CBR600RR machines in Sunday’s 19-lap race at the 4.226km circuit.

Dutch ace, van der Mark, will be seeking to maintain his impressive form this season that has seen the 21-year-old take three race wins and two second places in the five races since he crashed out of round one in Australia in February.

Van der Mark currently heads the World Supersport championship leaderboard by 33 points over Frenchman Jules Cluzel while his Pata Honda team-mate Zanetti sits in fourth place overall.

The Italian rider is determined to put himself in a position to repeat his triumph at his home race in Imola last month when he took his debut World Supersport victory. The 26-year-old has been a consistent top-five finisher this season but is resolute in his aim to become a regular podium visitor as the season reaches its halfway point.

Michael van der Mark

We missed Misano in World Supersport last year but I won there in 2012 on my Superstock CBR600RR after a good battle. It’s a track that I really like - I enjoy riding there and I like the area around the circuit, too. It can get quite hot in Misano but, after the heat in Malaysia, that may be more of a problem for the tyres than for the riders. We were able to increase the championship lead in Malaysia so we need to focus on keeping up the momentum at this halfway point of the season. We have a fantastic base setting this year that gives me a really good feeling with the bike. It’s working almost everywhere and it gives me great confidence for this Misano weekend and I’m really looking forward to riding there again.

Lorenzo Zanetti

I have a really good feeling as we prepare for Misano. It’s my second home race and, although I have had some good results at this track in my career, I preferred it when it went in the other direction. In the last races I have had the pace to challenge for the podium but the results have not come my way. The temperature in Misano may be hot again so we must find a way to manage the tyre better for the end of the race. Whatever happens I am motivated to fight again this weekend and I want to be fighting for another win.

Pieter Breddels - technical co-ordinator

We’re all looking forward to Misano where I’m sure Lorenzo will be determined to get back to the podium, especially as it’s in Italy. Michael is in a great run of form, too, so it would be fantastic to get them both up there again like in Imola. They are both riding really well at the moment and making the most of the progress that we made in the winter which has given us a really strong base setting. They have both matured as riders, too, and their second year on the CBR is really paying dividends.

Championship Standings

1 Michael van der Mark 115 pts NED HONDA Pata Honda World Supersport Team
2 Jules Cluzel 82 pts FRA MV MV Agusta RC-Yakhnich Motorsport
3 Florian Marino 76 pts FRA KAWASAKI Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres
4 Lorenzo Zanetti 60 pts ITA HONDA Pata Honda World Supersport Team
5 Kev Coghlan 60 pts GBR YAMAHA DMC Panavto-Yamaha
6 Kenan Sofuoglu 54 pts TUR KAWASAKI MAHI Racing Team India
7 Raffaele De Rosa 54 pts ITA HONDA Core PTR Honda
8 Roberto Rolfo 49 pts ITA KAWASAKI Team GO Eleven
9 Patrick Jacobson 40 pts USA KAWASAKI Kawasaki Intermoto Ponyexpres
10 Roberto Tamburini 37 pts ITA KAWASAKI San Carlo Puccetti Racing
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.