Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

East and West Coast Wins

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

East and West Coast Wins

A weekend off from the National Enduro Series brought an opportunity for East Coast racers Cory Buttrick and Justin Sode to race locally. Both traveled the short distance in Ohio to the Two Day Ohio Qualifier hosted by the Appalachian Dirt Riders. This event is one of two U.S. events where racers enter in hopes of being granted the opportunity to represent the U.S. at the International Six Days Enduro. Cory Buttrick successfully overalled the LOI (letter of intent) event both days and won the E3 class.

Buttrick topped the LOI entrants both days.

Buttrick comments, "Besides a few falls it was a flawless weekend with great grass tracks and awesome trails. The ADR crew did a great job with the whole event. Big thanks to them and Beta USA for giving me an awesome 300 RR to rip all weekend and my girlfriend and father for chasing me the whole time." Buttrick is currently young enough to race on the Junior Trophy Team; which has yet to be chosen.

Beta USA's Justin Sode followed Buttrick on both days by taking second overall and winning the E2 class. Sode reflects on his strong weekend, "The track was perfect during the whole weekend. With a mixture of grass tracks and single track, my 250 RR performed flawlessly. I'm very happy with my result and look forward to carrying this momentum into the next National Enduro."

Meanwhile, EnduroCross and extreme enduro rider, Cody Webb, took his Beta 300 RR to another extreme event, the Last Dog Standing. Glen Helen Raceway, home of the event, featured many obstacles including concrete pipes, water, rocks, and cliffs. Despite a crash in Moto 1, Webb came back to finish second behind Taylor Robert. Webb turned things around in Moto 2 by establishing a gap over Robert and the rest of the field, and ultimately won the event overall with a (2-1) score.

Webb reflects, "In the second Moto I started behind Robert and quickly moved into the lead on a rocky hillside. From there I opened up a good gap and maintained it until the finish. My 300 RR eagerly went up each canyon with ease and had no trouble traversing down the rocky waterfall sections. I got in a good flow with the bike and just went from there and had fun. It was awesome to win in such a dominating fashion and I can't wait to come back next year."

Obstacles of all shapes and sizes presented themselves. Photo by Ron Lawson.

Webb hopes to carry this momentum into the 3rd Round of EnduroCross this Saturday.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.