totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING DOMINATE FIM ENDURO WORLD C

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BELRAY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING DOMINATE FIM #ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP IN #SWEDEN.

The GP of Sweden in Enköping delivered plenty of reasons to celebrate for the Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing team as the fifth round of the EWC series ended with team riders securing winning results in the majority of the classes.

Heading Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Swedish success, Pela Renet recorded a fantastic double victory in the Enduro 2 category to further extend his lead in the championship. Mathias Bellino and Jane Daniels also delivered the goods, both claiming their first wins of the championship in the Enduro 3 and Women’s Cup classes. Albin Elowson enjoyed a double victory in the 125 Youth Cup category.

With the fifth round of the EWC proving to be a long and demanding one, Renet again asserted himself as the rider to beat. Excelling on the rocky Swedish terrain, the Frenchman powered his way to a commanding E2 class win on day one while unofficially topping the event outright. Overcoming a slow start on day two, Renet took control of the race lead on lap two and pulled away to win. Recording four day wins at the GPs of Finland and Sweden, the Husqvarna rider leaves Scandinavia with a healthy 34-point championship lead.

The GP of Sweden was one to remember for Mathias Bellino, who secured his first win of the series. Despite not expecting to favour the tricky conditions, Bellino almost immediately found himself at the sharp end of the Enduro 3 class. Battling with rival Matt Phillips, Bellino placed a close second on day one. Knowing that he had the speed to reach the top step of the podium the Husqvarna rider set about doing exactly that on day two. Fastest in the first four special tests, Bellino held on to win. Returning to the EWC following his recent knee injury, Joakim Ljunggren joined Bellino in E3. Hampered by a lack of bike fitness, Ljunggren nevertheless placed fifth on day one and then seventh on day two.

Delivering consistent results, Thomas Oldrati placed sixth on day one and a competitive fifth on day two in the Enduro 1 category.

In the Enduro Junior class there was further podium success for Husqvarna with Jamie McCanney ending day one in third. With McCanney slipping back to fourth on day two, Loic Larrieu beat his teammate to take third.

Excelling at his home race, Albin Elowson was the rider to beat in the 125 Youth Cup class. With his confidence high following his double win in Finland, Elowson recorded a massive three-minute margin of victory on day one. Going on to win day two Elowson also took control of the point’s lead. With a 3-2 scorecard, Jesper Borjesson joined his countryman on the podium both days.

Breaking through to secure her first race win of the series, Jane Daniels claimed an impressive day two victory in the Women’s Cup.

The FIM Enduro World Championship continues with round six in Lumezzane, Italy on August 2/3.

Pela Renet: “The GP of Sweden has capped off an incredible two weeks for me. I never expected to win all four days of the championship and come away from Sweden with a 34-point lead in my class. It’s been incredible. This weekend went pretty much perfect for me. The days were long and hard. It was very physical and you needed to try and save energy when you rode. Day one was good I didn’t have any trouble. I only really made one mistake on day two and that allowed Johnny Aubert to get close, but other than that it’s been great.”

Mathias Bellino: “It’s been a long and difficult GP but to come away with a race win is fantastic. The conditions were tough so to win here in Sweden makes the result all the sweeter. On day one I felt like I had the speed but just was not strong enough to beat Matt Phillips in the enduro test. On day two I got the lead on lap one and gave it everything I had to win. Matti Seistola attacked hard but I had enough in hand to get the job done.”

Joakim Ljunggren: “It’s been really fun to be back racing again. I only decided to race at the last minute. My knee felt good and I’m happy with the result, especially finishing fifth on day one. I had the speed to repeat that result on day two but not the fitness.”

Jane Daniels: “I crashed too often on day one. I fell back to fifth but recovered to get second. I made some changes to how I rode on day two and was a lot faster. It’s been great to come away with the win on day two. I was close in Finland so to get it done here is just brilliant.”

Results – Enduro World Championship, Round 5 Sweden

Enduro 1

Day 1: 1. Nambotin; 2. Remes; 3. Tarroux; 4. Guerrero; 5. Moroni; 6. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna)…
Day 2: 1. Remes; 2. Nambotin; 3. Guerrero; 4. Tarroux; 5. Oldrati…

Enduro 2

Day 1: 1. Pela Renet (Husqvarna); 2. Aubert; 3. Salvini; 4. Santolino; 5. Nikander…
Day 2: 1. Renet; 2. Aubert; 3. Salvini; 4. Santolino; 5. Nikander…

Enduro 3

Day 1: 1. Phillips; 2. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna); 3. Joly; 4. Correia; 5. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna)…
Day 2: 1. Bellino; 2. Seistola; 3. Phillips; 4. Correia; 5. Joly… 7. Ljunggren…

Enduro Junior

Day 1: 1. Redondi; 2. McCanney; 3. Jamie McCanney (Husqvarna); 4. Loic Larrieu (Husqvarna); 5. Lofgren…
Day 2: 1. McCanney; 2. Redondi; 3. Larrieu; 4. J McCanney; 5. Lofgren…

125 Youth Cup
Day 1: 1. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna); 2. Miroir; 3. Jesper Borjesson (Husqvarna); 4. Herrera; 5. Soreca…
Day 2: 1. Elowson; 2. Borjesson; 3. Miroir; 4. Soreca; 5. Herrera…

Women’s Cup
Day 1: 1. Sanz; 2. Jane Daniels (Husqvarna); 3. Gardiner; 4. Karlsson; 5. Tichet…
Day 2: 1. Daniels; 2. Sanz; 3. Gardiner; 4. Karlsson; 5. Fournel…

Championship Standings (After Round 5)

Enduro 1: 1. Nambotin 191pts; 2. Remes 154; 3. Guerrero 146… 7. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna) 81…

Enduro 2: 1. Pela Renet (Husqvarna) 186pts; 2. Aubert 1152; 3. Salvini 128…

Enduro 3: 1. Phillips 174; 2. Cervantes 155; 3. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 148… 12. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 29…

Enduro Junior: 1. McCanney 189pts; 2. Redondi 167; 3. Loïc Larrieu (Husqvarna) 154… 4. Jamie McCanney (Husqvarna) 96…

125 Youth Cup: 1. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna) 109; 2. Soreca 146; 3. Miroir 129…

Women’s Cup: 1. Sanz 117pts; 2. Jane Daniels (Husqvarna) 105; 3. Gardiner 84…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.