Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TRIUMPH HEADS TO THE FAMED KNOXVILLE RACEWAY FOR PRO FLAT TR

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@TRIUMPH HEADS TO THE FAMED @KNOXVILLE #RACEWAY FOR PRO FLAT TRACK RACING

ATLANTA (June 13, 2014) – Shayna Texter and the #25A Latus Motors-Castrol-Triumph team and Mikey Martin and the #91 Bonneville Performance-Castrol-Triumph team are headed to Knoxville, Iowa’s famed half-mile raceway for this weekend’s AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National Championship race on Sunday, June 15. It’s just the second race of the 14-race Grand National season.

Texter, the first female to win an AMA Pro Singles main event, made the jump to the twin-cylinder Grand National Championship this year. She was immediately fast and comfortable on the bigger bike.

“The Latus Motors Racing Triumph got incredible traction in our first race of the season,” said Texter. “The bike hooked up so well and the track was so fast that we discovered some high speed handling issues that we normally wouldn’t experience. The good news is we learned some things that will make the bike faster at other tracks including Knoxville. I’m really looking forward to seeing how those changes affect the bike.”

Martin and the Bonneville Performance team also have their goals set high for the half-mile short track.

“Knoxville’s a very different track from the Springfield Mile,” said Martin. “As much as I love the high speed and traction at Springfield, Knoxville is a blast to ride because the bike likes to skate around on the looser surface, and the corners come up a lot faster so it feels like we’re spending a lot more time sliding through the turns.”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.