Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

SCHIFFER & SUZUKI WIN AT ADAC MX

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@SCHIFFER & SUZUKI WIN AT #ADAC MX

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 13.

Marcus Schiffer returned from injury to win the second round of the German ADAC Masters Motocross Championship at Ried in Austria at the weekend.

The Team Suzuki Waldmann RM-Z450 rider, who has been out of action with a shoulder injury, finished sixth in the opening race and then scored his first victory of the season under extremely hot conditions of race two at the event – the only ADAC round of the series held outside Germany – in front of 8000 fans.
Said Schiffer: “I had no special expectations going into the race. Because of my shoulder injury I was only on the bike only two times after the opening Masters round in Drehna. I clearly had a training deficit and wanted to minimise the damage.”

The 2012 ADAC Champion from Frechen had a solid start in the first moto, rounding the opening lap in third place, where he stayed until mid-race, before lack of training and full-fitness saw the German slip to sixth position as he tired in the heat.

In race two, the 26 year old held second place early-on, engaged in a battle with Günter Schmidinger. But he eventually passed the Austrian to run away with his first moto victory of the season. Said Schiffer: “It’s crazy as I never thought this was going to happen and now I’m back in the title hunt.”

Julien Lieber (Team Rockstar Energy Suzuki Europe) had a mixed meeting on the hard-pack track, the Belgian being involved in a first-turn pile-up in the opening heat. Said Lieber: “I used my RM-Z250 Grand Prix bike here in the Masters series, but it was a little bit difficult against the more powerful 450s at the start.” Lieber battled back after the crash and was inside the points, but crashed again. “I landed on my shoulder and it was pretty painful. As I have a metal plate inside from a previous injury, I was scared. There was no use in continuing so I returned to the race truck,” added Lieber. Luckily he suffered no real damage on the shoulder and the 19-year-old was back behind the gate for moto two and scored second place behind Schiffer.

Lieber´s team mate Jeremy Seewer finished race one solidly in fifth place, but the Swiss rider had no luck in the following moto. Said Seewer: “I had a terrible start. I was able to move up to ninth before I made a small mistake and dropped back to 15th.”

Dave Versluis (Team Castrol Power 1 Moto-Web) was the leading Suzuki rider in the ADAC MX Youngster Cup. The Dutch rider posted a 6-8 score to end the day in sixth overall.

Gianluca Facchetti shone in the ADAC MX Junior Cup races. The Italian won the second moto after finishing the first one in ninth. He initially had a good start in race one, but a mistake in the opening lap put him back to 15th. Said Facchetti: “It’s a pity how that first heat went, but that moto win later helped me to move up to third in the championship.”

The next round of the ADAC MX Masters series will be held on June 28-29 at Aichwald.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.