totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S PELA RENET TAKES CONTROL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@BELRAY @HUSQVARNA FACTORY #RACING’S PELA RENET TAKES CONTROL OF THE ENDURO 2 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP POINT’S LEAD WITH A DOUBLE WIN IN FINLAND.

Claiming a terrific double victory at round four of the FIM Enduro World Championship in Heinola, Finland, Pela Renet has placed himself at the head of the Enduro 2 championship standings. Bringing further winning results for Husqvarna Motorcycles in Finland was Albin Elowson who recorded a pair of wins in the 125 Youth Cup.

Knowing the GP of Finland would be a pivotal point in the championship, Renet entered the event focused on fighting for victory. Starting day one in a confident mood the Frenchman quickly took control of the race lead. Excelling on the tough and technical enduro tests, Renet recorded a comfortable victory on day one. Starting day two slowly, the Husqvarna rider found himself trailing early pace setter Johnny Aubert. Pushing hard to win the final five special tests of the day, Renet fought his way past Aubert to secure the victory and with it the championship lead.

In the Enduro 3 classification, the GP of Finland proved a challenging one for Mathias Bellino. Finding it hard to adjust to the rocky conditions, he ended day one in fourth. Determined to battle his way back onto the podium, Bellino did exactly that on day two and worked his way from fifth to finish third.

For Thomas Oldrati the weekend was one of mixed fortunes. Fairing well on day one the Italian placed a competitive fifth in the Enduro 1 class. Running fifth on day two a mistake on the extreme test saw him lose 25 seconds and slip back to seventh.

Enjoying his most competitive outing of the series to date, Loïc Larrieu delivered a strong performance. Despite having never race in Finland before, Larrieu ended day one as the runner-up in the Enduro Junior class. Upping his pace on day two, the Husqvarna rider challenged hard for the victory. Finishing as runner-up once more – but only half of a second shy of winning – Larrieu left Heinola with a lot to be pleased about. Recovered from his ankle injury, which ruled him out of the GP of Greece, Jamie McCanney recorded a 4-7 scorecard in Finland.

Securing his first EWC win since the 2013 season ending GP of France, Albin Elowson dominated the 125 Youth Cup both days to win.

Ensuring a strong end to Husqvarna Motorcycles time at the GP of Finland, supported rider Jane Daniels placed second in the Women’s Cup both days.

The FIM Enduro World Championship continues with round five in Enköping, Sweden on June 14/15.

Pela Renet: “With two wins it’s been another important step forward in the championship. Day one was really good. I had a good feeling from the start and gelled with the enduro test. I think that’s where I made most of my time. The terrain in Finland was very rocky. You had to ride smooth and smart to be fast. Day two started off a bit slow. I didn’t use the right moose and it was difficult to get traction. But in the afternoon it came good and I was able to win. With two victories and now the lead in the championship it has been a perfect weekend.”

Mathias Bellino: “I couldn’t really get on with the conditions this weekend. It was hard to get comfortable on the rocks. On day one I made a few mistakes in the morning and lost touch with the leaders. I found some better lines on day two and managed to improve. It was great to get back on the podium with third place.”

Thomas Oldrati: “Day one was a good day and I finished fifth. Day two started off ok but in the first enduro test I crashed and lost 25 seconds. It was hard to recover from that and I ended the day in seventh.”

Loic Larrieu: “Overall it’s been a good weekend. I improved a lot and was able to fight for the victory on day two. Danny McCanney had the edge on me on day one but I closed the gap on day two. I crashed early on but came strong towards the end of the day and closed the gap. It was very close between us, only half a second at the end, but I’m pleased – it’s been another step forward for me.”

Jane Daniels: “I’m happy for my first time racing in Finland to get two second place results. I am disappointed with how day two ended. I started well and actually led. But then I fell off in the enduro test and lost a minute, which cost me the day two win. I’m gutted about that.”

Results – Enduro World Championship, Round 4

Enduro 1
Day 1: 1. Remes; 2. Nambotin; 3. Guerrero; 4. Boissiere; 5. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna)…
Day 2: 1. Nambotin; 2. Remes; 3. Guerrero; 4. Tarroux; 5. Boissiere… 7. Oldrati…

Enduro 2
Day 1: 1. Pela Renet (Husqvarna); 2. Salvini; 3. Aubert; 4. Santolino; 5. Mena…
Day 2: 1. Renet; 2. Aubert; 3. Salvini; 4. Mena; 5. Jonathan Barragan (Husqvarna)…

Enduro 3
Day 1: 1. Phillips; 2. Cervantes; 3. Seistola; 4. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna); 5. Correia…
Day 2: 1. Phillips; 2. Cervantes; 3. Bellino; 4. Seistola; 5. Correia…

Enduro Junior
Day 1: 1. McCanney; 2. Loic Larrieu (Husqvarna); 3. Nelson; 4. Jamie McCanney (Husqvarna); 5. Redondi…
Day 2: 1. McCanney; 2. Larrieu; 3. Nelson; 4. Redondi; 5. Sjostrom… 7. McCanney…

125 Youth Cup
Day 1: 1. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna); 2. Soreca; 3. Bresolin; 4. Jesper Borjesson (Husqvarna); 5. Miroir…
Day 2: 1. Elowson; 2. Bresolin; 3. Garcia; 4. Borjesson; 5. Herrera…

Women’s Cup
Day 1: 1. Sanz; 2. Jane Daniels (Husqvarna); 3. Karlsson; 4. TIchet; 5. Nyqvist…
Day 2: 1. Sanz; 2. Daniels; 3. Gardiner; 4. Tichet; 5. Smalsjo…

Championship Standings (After Round 4)

Enduro 1: 1. Nambotin 154pts; 2. Guerrero 118; 3. Remes 117… 7. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna) 60…

Enduro 2: 1. Pela Renet (Husqvarna) 146pts; 2. Aubert 118; 3. Meo 114…

Enduro 3: 1. Cervantes 151pts; 2. Phillips 139; 3. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 111… 15. Joakim Ljunggren (Husqvarna) 9…

Enduro Junior: 1. McCanney 152pts; 2. Redondi 130; 3. Loïc Larrieu (Husqvarna) 126… 5. Jamie McCanney (Husqvarna) 68…

125 Youth Cup: 1. Soreca 122pts; 2. Albin Elowson (Husqvarna) 109; 3. Miroir 97…

Women’s Cup: 1. Sanz 80pts; 2. Jane Daniels (Husqvarna) 68; 3. Gardiner 54…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.