totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES’ ALFREDO GOMEZ TAKES X GAMES BRONZE AT

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES’ ALFREDO GOMEZ TAKES X GAMES BRONZE AT #ENDURO X IN @TEXAS.

Bel-Ray Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Alfredo Gomez made the long trip to Austin, Texas in the US worthwhile to win a Bronze Medal in the Men’s Enduro X Final at X Games. Ensuring a successful night for both Husqvarna Motorcycles and the Gomez family, Alfredo’s sister Sandra claimed a fantastic Silver Medal in the Women’s Enduro X Final.

Just days after his terrific fourth place result at the Red Bull Hare Scramble in Erzberg, Austria, Gomez took his place on the start line for X Games. Quickly getting to grips with the fast flowing technical course, the Husqvarna rider placed third in his heat race to qualify directly through to the final. A poor start but quick recovery saw the Spaniard squeeze into third place on the opening lap. Continuing to fight for the final step of the podium throughout the entire 10-lap event, Gomez chased Taddy Blazusiak and Cody Webb across the finish line to secure third.

In the Women’s Final, Sandra Gomez made it a night to remember for Husqvarna Motorcycles by securing the Silver Medal. Placing a comfortable second on her TC 125, Gomez earned her third X Games medal while recording her best ever finish in Enduro X to date.

For USA’s Mike Brown his night didn’t go to plan. Despite taking the holeshot in the Men’s Final, the Husqvarna rider got stuck in the tricky rock garden and lost time on the leaders. Pushing hard to regain the time lost, Brown crashed again and was forced to retire from the race.

Alfredo Gomez: "Winning an X Games medal is an incredible feeling. It was a tough race and a difficult track. There were a lot of jumps and I wasn’t that comfortable on them. I was very happy to qualify for the final because I knew if I could be in the final I could have a great race. My start was not great but I attacked hard on the first lap and quickly got up to third. I battled all race with Cody Webb and Colton Haaker and in the end I got on the podium. It’s brilliant, I’m so happy.”

Men’s Enduro X Final
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 8:35:484; 2. Cody Webb (Beta) 8:37.829; 3. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 8:41.462; 4. Colton Haaker (Honda) 8:42.401; 5. Max Gerston (Beta) 9:03.910…

Women’s Enduro X Final
1. Kacy Martinez 5:16.365; 2. Sandra Gomez (Husqvarna) 5:26.480; 3. Rachel Gutish 5:44.419; 4. Chantelle Bykerk 5:45.734; 5. Shelby Turner 6:03.041…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.