Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MARTIN & TYCO SUZUKI ON SENIOR TT PODIUM

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MARTIN & @TYCO #SUZUKI ON SENIOR TT PODIUM

Team Suzuki Press Office – June 7.

Guy Martin captured Tyco Suzuki’s third podium of TT 2014 in Friday’s coveted Senior TT on the Isle of Man aboard his GSX-R1000; with three laps in excess of 130mph to claim third place.

Race week started with a TT Superbike podium for Martin in second place with team-mate William Dunlop sixth; who recorded his fastest-ever TT lap at over 130mph. Dunlop also raced his GSX-R600 to third place in the second Supersport TT for the Moneymore, Northern-Ireland-based TAS Racing team.

Following his Supersport race podium on Wednesday, an on-form Dunlop enjoyed an early charge in yesterday’s Senior with laps of 130.466mph and 130.853mph [his new TT best] to lead in the opening stages, but a high-speed crash at the Les Graham Memorial on lap three ended his challenge. But the ‘tough-as-nails’ Dunlop was back in the paddock within a few hours still smiling, despite being on crutches with two clean breaks to his left Fibula.

Said Martin: “The bike was just mint and the boys have done a great job again today. We rode a good race, which you can see by the lap times, but we have to take our hats off to Michael; he’s riding well this week and that’s why he has won four races. That’s probably the best Superbike set-up I’ve ever ridden around here, so yeah, we’ll have to come back next year and try again won’t we.”

Said Dunlop, from his home in Ballymoney this morning: “I had been suffering a bit of arm-pump all week and I think with the extra tension with leading and then being in contention for the win made it a little worse. I could hardly feel the bars, but when you are getting P1 and P2 signals there’s no way you are going to back-off. I think I just ran into Graham Memorial with a little bit of throttle still-on and the rest; well… It’s just the small bone in my leg I’ve broken and I’m a little battered and bruised but I hope to be ready to ride in four weeks.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said: “What a great effort from both our riders in the most prestigious of all TT races. In Superbike terms I believe William came of age in the Senior TT and firmly established himself as a challenger at international level. What a shame a small mistake resulted in a crash and ended his podium challenge. However the most important thing is that he is relatively unscathed, considering this was a high-speed crash, but he will be back racing very soon.

“Guy once again gave 100% today and we are extremely pleased with a second podium finish from both Superbike races. We just didn’t have that last little bit to challenge Michael this week, but then no one else did either.
“Overall it was a pleasing team effort for TT 2014 and both our GSX-R machinery and Metzeler tyres worked exceptionally well. Thanks once again to all our sponsors for their support and well done to the TT organisers on another great event.”

Joey Dunlop TT Championship:

Martin finished fourth overall in the Joey Dunlop TT Championship standings with 52 points behind eventual winner Michael Dunlop [116], Bruce Anstey [82] and Dean Harrison [54]. Only a DNF in the Superstock encounter cost the Lincolnshire rider what would have been a well-deserved third place. Dunlop finished sixth overall with 37 points, just behind fifth-place finisher James Hillier [44].

Tyco Suzuki now move-on to Snetterton in Norfolk next weekend for the third round of the British Superbike Championship.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.