Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

FACTORY HUSQVARNA'S ANDREW DELONG TAKES FOURTH AT JESTER NAT

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#FACTORY #HUSQVARNA'S ANDREW DELONG TAKES FOURTH AT JESTER NATIONAL #ENDURO

Factory Husqvarna's Andrew DeLong put in another solid performance this weekend at Rd. 5 of the AMA National Enduro Series in Arrington, Virginia to finish fourth.

There was however a Husqvarna on the podium after AirGroup Racing Husqvarna's Nick Fahringer finished second and now has a firm hold on second overall in championship points at the halfway point of the series. With points leader Charlie Mullins out with an injury, Fahringer is well positioned going into the second half of the season.

DeLong, riding his FE 350-mounted rider started the day in strong contention for a podium finish, but his race ended in damage control after a mistake in test five that forced him to settle for fourth place at The Jester National Enduro.

Riders were presented with near perfect weather conditions after rain from earlier in the week left the dirt dampened down in the wooded areas and very little dust. Andrew made the most of it and started his day with top-three finishes in the early tests.

"I was feeling really good and I was in a solid position overall," Andrew said. "But on test five, things took a turn for the worse – or rather, I did. I made a wrong turn at some point and got lost. I think I finished seventh in that test."

From that point, Andrew pushed to make up ground on the front-runners. Tests six and seven went well, but it was not enough to regain a spot on the podium and he had to settle for fourth. He is also fourth overall in the series.

Fahringer's AirGroup Racing teammate Ryder Lafferty scored his second top-ten finish in a row. The rookie Pro finished eighth overall, followed by DeLong's younger brother, Craig, who overalled the AA-expert class and made it four Husqvarnas in the top-ten with ninth overall.

Jester National Enduro Overall Results:
1, Brad Bakken
2, Nick Fahringer (Husqvarna)
3. Grant Baylor
4. Andrew DeLong (Husqvarna)
5. Jesse Groemm
6. Mike Lafferty
7. Cory Buttrick
8. Ryder Lafferty (Husqvarna)
9. Craig DeLong (Husqvarna)
10. Paddy Holloway
PHOTO CAPTION: Andrew DeLong works his way through the Virginia landscape at the Jester National Enduro. Photo by Shan Moore
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.