Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Beta Races Globally

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Beta Races #Globally

Beta USA's racers conquered multiple events over the weekend. In Arrington, Virginia Justin Sode and Cory Buttrick competed in Round 5 of the National Enduro series. Creek crossings, perfect soil, roots, and tighter trails met the Beta USA racers. Buttrick set out for another improved day and came away with a 7th overall finish after running 5th overall for most of the day and even logged a 3rd overall test time.

Buttrick sits 8th overall in points. (Shan Moore Photo)
Buttrick comments, "As this race was at a new venue I was excited to see what it had to offer. I started the day off really consistent, not making many mistakes. I was running 5th most of the day until the last 2 sections where I made a few mistakes and lost some ground. I didn't have the finish I knew I could have had. We learned a lot and are steadily gaining momentum. Thank you to the entire Beta USA Team!"

Sode remains solid and consistent. (Shan Moore Photo)
Buttrick's teammate, Justin Sode, also finished strong with a 14th overall and 11th place finish in the Pro class. Sode explains, "I had a pretty consistent day in Virginia. The track was perfect, minimal dust and fresh cut trail. My 250 RR performed amazingly, keeping me right around the top 10 all day. I had a few minor crashes throughout the day, but other than that everything went well."

Round 6 of the National Enduro series continues in Marquette, Michigan at the end of June.

While National Enduro riders diced it up in the tight woods of Virginia, Cody Webb entered his first Red Bull Hare Scramble in Erzberg, Austria. This technical race is known as the toughest event in the world and fights both man and machine. Webb conquered Erzberg for 10th in his first outing and reflects on the race saying, "Erzberg beat me down physically and mentally but I was happy to pull through with a top ten finish at my first attack of the Iron Giant." Webb faced a set back early on after not clearing the first hill and then struggled to gain assistance on a technical hill.

The chaotic start of the Red Bull Hare Scramble (Red Bull Content Pool Photo)

"I sat and waited before trying to take matters into my own hands. I expended a ton of energy and wasn't getting help from spectators. I was frustrated watching them pull up riders around me. Eventually I stole the rope they were handing to another rider and hooked it to my 300 RR and finally got up the nasty little hill." Webb hopes to return to Erzberg next year to improve upon his finish at the Iron Giant.

While all of the Team was racing Enduro and Erzberg, the Beta Trial team was busy getting business done in Sedan, Kansas at Rounds 3 and 4 of the NATC/AMA National MotoTrial series.

Nine-Time Expert Champion Ray Peters leaves Kansas in a tie for first in points after a fierce battle with youngster Andrew Putt. The two have been swapping wins with Peters getting the last win on Sunday with a score of only 15, beating Putt by 12 points. Fellow Beta rider Alexander Niederer rounded out the top three with a score of 45.

Ray Peters and his Beta Evo 300 4 Stroke in Kansas. (Shan Moore photo)

Beta Expert rider Alex Niederer was strong all weekend. (Shan Moore photo)

Fifteen year old Beta rider Ty Cullins continued his winning ways in the 125 Expert class aboard his Factory Evo 125. The youngster is in the points lead and is looking forward to securing the Championship at the next two rounds.

Ty Cullins is on his way to the 125 Expert Championship. (Shan Moore photo)

The series heads into Pennsylvania June 21st and 22nd for Rounds 5 and 6. Log onto www.mototrials.com for more information about the National Mototrial Series.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.