Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

ERZBERGRODEO 2014, RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#ERZBERGRODEO 2014, #REDBULL HARE SCRAMBLE

RUNNER-UP RESULT FOR BEL-RAY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING’S GRAHAM JARVIS AT ERZBERG’S RED BULL HARE SCRAMBLE.

Missing out on a repeat of his 2013 victory, Graham Jarvis ended the 20th edition of Erzberg’s Red Bull Hare Scramble in second place. Ensuring two Husqvarna Motorcycles placed inside the top five, Jarvis’ team mate Alfredo Gomez finished fourth.

Qualifying well to claim an important front row start for the main event – the Red Bull Hare Scramble – Jarvis initially got a good jump at the drop of the starter’s flag. But as riders fought to climb the first hill out of the quarry Graham tangled with fallen riders and was forced to climb the first hill for a second time. Rejoining the race outside the top forty the Brit battled hard to recover lost time. Working his way forward Graham fought his way into second position at the end of the notorious Carl’s Diner section. With time running out the 2013 winner was forced to settle for the runner-up result.

Unlike Jarvis, Gomez began his race in a strong position, placing inside the top five as he exited the quarry. On course to repeat his 2014 podium result, Gomez then made some mistakes that ultimately saw his chance of a top three result disappear. Despite pushing hard in the closing stages of the race, the Spaniard battled hard to take fourth.

Graham Jarvis: “To be honest my chance of winning ended on the very first hill out of the quarry floor. I came off the line quite well but got boxed out going into the first corner. When I came to the first climb a few riders crashed in front of me and I then crashed trying to get around them. I had to take a second run at the climb. That put me behind straight away and it was an uphill battle from there. The pace was pretty high and it was tough to fight back. I got up to second going through Carl’s Diner but by that stage Jonny Walker was just too far ahead to catc. I had to take second. It’s disappointing – I wanted to win.”

Alfredo Gomez: “The race started well but during the middle of it I made four big mistakes. I didn’t really crash anywhere I just lost time on some of the climbs. That really cost me a chance of finishing on the podium. It’s disappointing because I felt like I had the speed to place inside the top three. It’s unfortunate but fourth is still a good result.”

Results: Red Bull Hare Scramble 2014
1. Jonny Walker (KTM) 1:37:38; 2. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) 1:50:50; 3. Andreas Lettenbichler (KTM) 1:53:01; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna) 1:53:53; 5. Paul Bolton (KTM) 1:55:21; 6. Dougie Lampkin (KTM) 2:05:31; 7. Cory Graffunder (Husqvarna) 2:05:51; 8. Ben Hemingway (Beta) 2:18:01; 9. Taylor Robert (KTM) 2:19:24; 10. Cody Webb (Beta) 2:20:06…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.