Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wounded GYTR Yamaha Riders Soldier On

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wounded #GYTR #Yamaha #Riders Soldier On

The GYTR Yamaha duo of Jed Beaton and Wilson Todd overcame nagging injuries to post respectable results at round four of the MX Nationals, held at Murray Bridge in South Australia.

The pair sits in third and fifth place respectively in the MXD category as the series hits the half way mark and the break in the racing calendar will give both riders the opportunity to get back to 100%.

In the days following round three at Wonthaggi, Jed Beaton was flattened by a series of stomach complaints. The eventual diagnoses was his appendics needed to be removed but complicated further by an infection to the area. As a result, Beaton was in Hospital for a week and basically bed ridden for the three week period between rounds three and four.

Despite only coming out of Hospital in the days leading up to the Murray Bridge round and visible weight loss, Beaton was determined to race and salvage what he could from the weekend. In an amazing effort, Beaton produced two impressive motos to claim 5-4 finishes and round the day out in fourth place and stay within three points of the championship lead.

"My stomach didn't give me too many problems today but because I haven't been able to do anything for three weeks and lost 7kilos since Wonthaggi, physically I was not in good shape to race at this level. By the halfway mark of each moto, I was totally exhausted but I had to finish and just hung in there as best I could.

"Considering the condition I was in and no preparation leading into the race, finishing fourth is ok and staying close to the championship lead is even better. With MXD not doing Perth and the Swan Hill rounds we now have an eight week break which comes at the perfect time for me," Beaton ends.

Wilson Todd also hobbled away from the Wonthaggi round carrying a knee injury but with the help of the RaceSafe team he was strapped up and ready to go. Fighting off some arm pump, Todd managed a seventh place in the opening race and then in race two when he was inside the top six and in the later stages of the race, he fell heavily and could only manage a 16th place finish.

His 7-16 results gave him ninth for the round.

"My knee was fine today but I got some pretty bad arm pump in the first race just from riding a bit tight and being a bit too intense. Moto two was better and I came through the field pretty well until the second last lap when I got loose in the whoops and went down.

"I just have to learn to reduce those mistakes and keep calm to improve my results."

Round Four Results - Murray Bridge
MXD
1st Nathan Crawford - 70
2nd Kyle Webster - 60
3rd Egan Mastin - 58
4th Jed Beaton - 54 (GYTR Yamaha)
5th Jack Simpson - 53
6th Dylan Wilson - 52
7th Aaron Tanti - 50
8th Jayden Rykers - 46
9th Wilson Todd - 39 (GYTR Yamaha)
10th Daniel Price -38

Championship Standings - After Round Four
1st Egan Mastin - 273
2nd Jack Simpson - 272
3rd Jed Beaton - 270 (GYTR Yamaha)
4th Nathan Crawford - 265
5th Wilson Todd - 209 (GYTR Yamaha)
6th Kyle Webster - 206
7th Jayden Rykers - 199
8th Aaron Tanti - 177
9th Brock McLeary - 176
10th Daniel Price - 155
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.