Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Wilson And Clout Show Impressive Speed In WA Sand

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Wilson And Clout Show Impressive Speed In WA Sand

The results on paper might not show it, but the #Serco #Yamaha team of Luke Clout and Jay Wilson showed they had speed to burn in the deep sand of Wanneroo and it was small mistakes that cost them better positions in the overall standings.

Wilson rounded the day out in fourth place, while Clout was in eighth but both guys put in a good effort that went unrewarded.

Jay Wilson's day started out in great fashion, claiming P1 in qualifying, his first since joining the MX2 class. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to turn that speed into a good result and could only manage 10th place in race one. Race two and Wilson was back up front and taking the lead at certain points during the race. He finished second and with a good final moto, he still had shot at the podium.

He again fired his Serco Yamaha to the front of the pack and was running a strong second place when he fell from his bike in the later stages of the race to eventually come home eighth place. His 10-2-8 positions left him fourth for the round and eighth in the championship.

"My riding has been pretty good lately, just my starts have been lousy. Today, I finally got the starts I needed and I had good speed so in a lot of ways it was a frustrating day," Wilson explains.

"I put in a lot of effort to get accustomed to the sand and to get P1 was pretty cool. Now, for the rest of the rounds, if I combine the speed I have had with some starts like I had today, then things will be much better."

Luke Clout still retains the championship leaders red plate after a challenging day in the sand of Wanneroo. Clout looked good in the morning qualifying and posted a second place finish, hot on the heels of the leader in race one, but his day then turned pair shaped thereafter.

He fell heavily in race two and could only limp home in 18th place, then an 11th in the third and final moto left him eighth for the round but a lot of his championship rivals were in the same boat and endured a tough day and couldn't snatch the red plate from his grasp.

"Today wasn't good. My crash in race two took the wind out of my sails and I struggled through races two and three. Fortunately, I ‘m still in front of the championship and we now have a decent break where I can work on some things.

"I'm heading to the US this week, so it will be a good opportunity to ride with some fast guys and get some real intensity back in my riding."

Swan Hill hosts round six of the MX Nationals on June 29.

Round Five Results - Wanneroo
MX2
1st Caleb Ward - 100
2nd Luke Arbon - 89
3rd Josh Cachia - 82
4th Jay Wilson - 76 (Serco Yamaha)
5th Hamish Harwood - 74
6th Nathan Crawford - 68
7th Kale Makeham - 66
8th Luke Clout - 65 (Serco Yamaha)
9th Nick Sutherland - 62
10th Brenden Harrison 61

Championship Standings - After Round Five
1st Luke Clout - 326 (Serco Yamaha)
2nd Hamish Harwood - 316
3rd Brenden Harrison - 296
4th Luke Arbon - 293
5th Kayne Lamont - 289
6th Kale Makeham - 287
7th Caleb Ward - 272
8th Jay Wilson - 269 (Serco Yamaha)
9th Ryan Marmont - 234
10th Wade Hunter - 215
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.