Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Orellana leads home another EJC classic in the UK

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Orellana leads home another EJC classic in the UK

Spanish rider Javier Orellana won today’s fourth-round Pata European Junior Cup race at Donington Park in the UK today, winning his first race of the season after another epic battle on board Honda’s CBR500R machine.

Orellana beat Belgian Angelo Licciardi to the chequered flag by 0.719s after 10 laps of the 4.023km Donington Park circuit in a support race to the fifth round of the World Superbike championship.

Another Spaniard, Augusto Fernandez, finished third today, just one tenth of a second behind Licciardi, but retaining his championship lead thanks to victories in the last two rounds at Assen in the Netherlands and Imola in Italy.

Local rider Josh Harland took pole position for today’s race but crashed out of contention on lap two. The 19-year-old was taken for a precautionary medical check but expects to be fit for round five in four weeks’ time.

There were no fewer than four riders who crossed the line in the lead at various stages of today’s race, but there were plenty of other lead changes too. Swedish rider Jesper Hubner was among the leading group until he crashed out of the race with just four laps to go.

“It was another fantastic race on the CBR500Rs,” said Orellana after the race, “and I am very happy to take my first win after finishing second in two races already this season. Now we are halfway through the championship so I must work hard to stay at the front for the second half of the season.”

The 2014 Pata European Junior Cup powered by Honda will re-assemble at Misano in Italy for round five of the series on 20-22 June.

Pata European Junior Cup, powered by Honda Racing – round four
Donington Park, United Kingdom – result (ten laps):
1 Javier Orellana (ESP)
2 Angelo Licciardi (BEL)
3 Augusto Fernandez (ESP)
4 Illan Fernandez (ESP)
5 Mike Perez (ESP)
6 Marc Miralles (ESP)
7 Jamie van Sikkeleru (NED)
8 Connor London (NZL)
9 Alex Wisdom (USA)
10 Carmen Geissler (SUI)
Championship points after four of eight rounds:
1 A Fernandez 79, 2 Orellana 73, 3 Miralles 63, 4 Hubner 40, 5 Licciardi 34, 6 I Fernandez 34, 7 Perez 33, 8 Harland 27, 9 Grassia 27, 10 London 26
Next round: Misano, Italy – 20-22 June
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.