totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES' TYLA RATTRAY CLAIMS A WELL-DESERVED F

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES' TYLA RATTRAY CLAIMS A WELL-DESERVED FOURTH OVERALL AT THE MXGP OF GREAT #BRITAIN.

Getting back to top form following his difficult start to the 2014 series due to injury, Red Bull IceOne Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Tyla Rattray achieved a season’s best result of fourth overall in the MXGP class at the FIM Motocross World Championship GP of Great Britain.

Gelling well with the fast flowing, jump filled Matterley Basin circuit, Rattray ended his weekend on a high with a fourth place result in race two. Knowing that with a strong start he could run up front in the highly competitive MXGP class, Rattray sought to better his race one result of eighth. Rounding lap one in fifth, the Husqvarna rider worked his way up to third. Battling with championship leader Antonio Cairoli, Rattray eventually slipped back to fourth where he then stayed for the remainder of the race.

Securing another top five result for Wilvo Nestaan Husqvarna Factory Racing, Frenchman Romain Febvre ended the MXGP of Great Britain in fifth overall. Enjoying the loamy, technical Matterley Basin course Febvre got his day off to a great start with the second fastest time in morning warm-up. Hampered by a bad start and arm pump during race one, Febvre could fair no better than eighth. Determined to get back on track for race two he delivered a strong ride. Engaged in a race long battle for third, he eventually placed fourth to end his day fifth overall.

Enduring a mixed performance in race one to place ninth, Russian Aleksandr Tonkov came out fighting for the second MX2 race. Grabbing the Fox Head Holeshot Award, Tonkov ended lap one in third. With a clear track to work on, Tonkov was able to push hard for the majority of the race while holding off a three-rider battle behind him. Unfortunately a couple of mistakes in the closing stages saw the Husqvarna rider lose out and slip back to sixth, ending his day in sixth overall.

The FIM Motocross World Championship continues with round nine at Saint Jean d’Angely, France on June 01.

Tyla Rattray: “I’m delighted with how this weekend has gone. The hard work is beginning to pay off and I’m getting back into the sharp end of the results. Race two was fantastic. I got a good jump off the start and was inside the top five almost immediately. From there I chipped away and got up to third. I had a nice battle with Antonio Cairoli and then Jeremy Van Horebeek to finish fourth. This result is the confidence boost I needed. The MXGP of France is next weekend and I’ll keep pushing to improve. With a top five result secured my next goal is to get onto the podium. I’d like to say a big thanks to my team for their effort in getting me back to where I belong.”

Romain Febvre: “After placing second fastest in Sunday morning warm-up I felt like I was capable of pushing for a top result today. In race one I got a great jump off the start but then had to take avoiding action with a fallen rider in the third corner and dropped outside the top ten. I fought to recover but some bad arm pump slowed me and I could only finish eighth. Race two was much better. After a clean first lap I was fighting for a top three result but eventually finished fourth. It’s my home GP next weekend in France so hopefully I can get back on the podium.”

Aleksandr Tonkov: “Race one was a bit up and down. I made a mistake off the start and slipped back. Struggling to find a rhythm, ninth was the best I could do. Race two was way better. Getting the holeshot was brilliant and I could run up front. Unfortunately I made a couple of mistakes during the tail end of the race and dropped from third to sixth. But I’m happy. I proved that my speed is good enough to run at the front when I get a good start. Already I’m looking forward to next weekend in France.”

Results – Motocross World Championship 2014, Round 8 Great Britain

MX2 Overall
1. Herlings (1-1) 50pts; 2. Tonus (5-2) 38; 3. Gajser (4-3)38; 4. Tixier (2-5) 38; 5. Romain Febvre [Husqvarna] (8-4) 31… 6. Aleksandr Tonkov [Husqvarna] (9-6) 21…

MXGP Overall
1. Cairoli (1-2) 47pts; 2. Desalle (4-1) 43; 3. Van Horebeek (3-3) 40; 4. Tyla Rattray [Husqvarna] (8-4) 31; 5. Searle (6-5) 31…

Standings – Motocross World Championship 2014

MX2
1. Herlings 344pts; 2. Tonus 305; 3. Romain Febvre (Husqvarna) 263; 7. Aleksandr Tonkov (Husqvarna) 197…

MXGP
1. Cairoli 351pts; 2. Desalle 323; 3. Van Horebeek 316… 15. Tyla Rattray (Husqvarna) 116… 17. Todd Waters (Husqvarna) 107…
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.