Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Motul Suzuki charging into Wanneroo's MX Nationals mid-

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Motul #Suzuki charging into #Wanneroo's MX Nationals mid-season

Team Motul Suzuki duo Matt Moss and Rhys Carter will line up for this Sunday's fifth round of the 2014 MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, at Wanneroo Motocross Park in Western Australia, anticipated to be one of the toughest events of the season.

Defending MX1 champion Moss will carry a 13-point lead into WA this weekend after placing fifth in South Australia last Sunday, remaining confident that he can carry the series lead into the annual mid-season break following Wanneroo.

With notorious sand whoops creating the most challenging circuit on the calendar, Moss is relishing the challenge that lies ahead for him and his factory-supported Team Motul Suzuki RM-Z450.

"This is a track we haven't been to in a number of years and it's one that you always have to bring your A-game to," Moss explained. "Fitness is important here and I feel like we are on a good level there, plus I have been preparing in the sand for this event. I'm really excited to get on track and see how we fare on Sunday.

"It's also the first round since Broadford's opening round that we'll be doing three 20-minute motos instead of the pair of 30s, so that will be something fresh again as well. For me it's all about getting a good result this weekend and then working hard through the break."

Carter is also determined to finish the first half of the season on a strong note, currently ranked seventh in the standings after a glowing start to his rookie MX1 campaign on the second of the RM-Z450s.

"This will be my first time at Wanneroo, but I've been watching some videos from the past to see what it's like and I'm looking forward to it," Carter said. "Hopefully we can race to three solid motos, I am happy with that format but it doesn't really bother me either way. Further progress is definitely the aim at this point of the season."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.