totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New AMA Pro SuperBike Final Qualifying Procedure to be Imple

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New @AMA Pro #SuperBike Final Qualifying Procedure to be Implemented at Road #America

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (May 20, 2014) - AMA Pro Racing is proud to announce a new and exciting final qualifying format for AMA Pro SuperBike which will debut later this month when AMA Pro Road Racing takes to the 4.05-mile track at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., for the Subway SuperBike Doubleheader on May 30 - June 1, 2014.

All AMA Pro SuperBike competitors will participate in Qualifying 1 and 2. The 12 fastest riders from the first two sessions advance to a third and final qualifying session immediately after. Those 12 riders will battle it out to set positions 1-12 on the provisional starting grid based solely on times in the final session.

"The new qualifying procedure has been geared to provide even more excitement for our fans," said Michael Gentry, Chief Operating Officer of AMA Pro Racing. "We look forward to seeing the top riders put on a great show for the fans at Road America."

The riders are excited for the new format, which is similar to those used by the other top series in the world.

"I think it's a really cool format, and I like that it's similar to the way final qualifying is done in World Superbike and MotoGP," said three-time AMA Pro SuperBike champion Josh Hayes (No. 4 Monster Energy Graves Yamaha YZF-R1). "Plus, it gives us a little more time to work on bike setup during that first qualifying session. Getting the fastest 12 guys out there on the track and all going for the pole during a short session adds excitement for the fans, and it's going to be fun for us, too."

"I think the new qualifying format is really cool and something different," said Roger Hayden (No. 95 Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000). "It gives the fans something else to get excited about and I'm really looking forward to getting our first crack at it at Road America."

Next up for AMA Pro Road Racing, the series heads to Road America for the Subway SuperBike Doubleheader on May 30 - June 1, 2014. For tickets and additional information regarding the event, please visit http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/ ... acing.html. Fans that are unable to visit Road America for Round 2 of the 2014 AMA Pro Road Racing season are encouraged to tune in to FansChoice.tv to catch all of the live streaming action.

About AMA Pro Road Racing
AMA Pro Road Racing is the premier motorcycle road racing series in North America and is universally regarded as one of the most competitive road racing organizations in the world. The series is comprised of four production-based classes: AMA Pro SuperBike, AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike,
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.