Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MOSS KEEPS MX LEAD AT MURRAY BRIDGE

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

MOSS KEEPS MX LEAD AT #MURRAY BRIDGE

Team #Suzuki Press Office – May 20.

Team #Motul Suzuki's Matt Moss retained his lead in the 2014 MX Nationals, Australian Motocross Championship, after finishing fifth overall at Murray Bridge in South Australia on Sunday.

The fourth round marked the first time all season that Moss has missed the podium; soaring to the Super Pole in qualifying before racing to fifth and sixth place finishes in the pair of 30-minute motos.

Moss featured amongst the lead pack in both motos throughout the round, but a series of on-track difficulties denied him a shot at the victory or podium overall. Following Murray Bridge he has 13-point lead in the championship.

Said Moss: "Murray Bridge started really good in winning Super Pole, but it just didn't go my way in the motos. I had a number of minor setbacks in moto one that were disappointing, and then in the second moto I lost my brakes.

"At first I lost my front brake and then used the rear too much, so I lost the use of that as well. I just had to ride around from there, so I'm glad to get out of that place because I always seem to have bad luck in South Australia."

Team Motul Suzuki team-mate Rhys Carter was eighth overall on Sunday in his fourth consecutive top-10 showing, the MX1 rookie carding eighth in moto one and ninth in the second. Those results have him positioned seventh in the championship standings.

Said Carter: "It was a consistent weekend for us, but I struggled in that last moto with some stomach issues and that affected us a bit. Other than that it was good, my starts went to plan, so it was another solid round. We are working on a lot of things and I am focussed on improving as we go. I've come home between rounds and then we'll be back for WA later this week."

The MX Nationals will continue at Wanneroo in Western Australia on Sunday, with the series returning to the west for the first time in two seasons.

Murray Bridge MX1 Overall Results: 1. Kirk Gibbs 63, 2. Billy Mackenzie 60, 3. Jake Moss 57, 4. Adam Monea 54, 5. Matt Moss (Team Motul Suzuki) 51, 6. Kade Mosig 47, 7. Hayden Mellross 47, 8. Rhys Carter (Team Motul Suzuki) 46, 9. Jacob Wright 43, 10. Sam Martin 42.

MX1 Championship Standings (after round four): 1. Matt Moss (Team Motul Suzuki) 294, 2. Kirk Gibbs 281, 3. Adam Monea 259, 4. Jake Moss 247, 5. Billy Mackenzie 242, 6. Kade Mosig 216, 7. Rhys Carter (Team Motul Suzuki) 214, 8. Hayden Mellross 206, 9. Jay Marmont 196.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.