Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

DUNLOP TAKES VICTORY AT NW200

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#DUNLOP TAKES VICTORY AT #NW200

Team Suzuki Press Office – May 18.

William Dunlop recorded his debut international Superbike victory at yesterday’s North West 200 in stunning fashion aboard his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000.

In difficult conditions, Dunlop headed home his brother Michael by just half a second after a bar-bashing last lap encounter.
Dunlop was seventh in the opening Supersport race, which opened proceedings on the north coast of Northern Ireland, with team-mate Guy Martin 13th in the wet conditions. Martin was later fifth in the NW200 Superbike race with Dunlop 11th.

William Dunlop:

“It was a difficult day for everyone with the conditions, but I’m delighted to take my first international Superbike win with Tyco Suzuki. I only saw Michael on that last lap when I looked over my shoulder and did think, ‘oh well that’s it’ but the team and myself have put in too-much hard work just to give it away.

“He left me a gap into the Juniper chicane and wasn’t as strong as I expected to be on the brakes. I had to take the tight line into the chicane but we made it through and kept it strong to the line. I can’t thank the Tyco Suzuki team enough for their efforts so far this season. They have really given me first class attention. Now I’m looking forward to the TT more than ever.”

Guy Martin:

“It is what it is today and the conditions were tough for everyone. We got more miles on all the bikes prior to the TT and well done to William on a great Superbike win. Between us I think we proved both the little GSX-R600 and the Superbike are well up to the job. Let’s get to the Isle of Man now for the TT. That’s the bigger picture.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“Overall we can be very happy with our efforts from this year’s North West 200. Our full range of GSX-R machinery ran faultlessly all week and credit must go to our team mechanics. It was absolutely fantastic to see William Dunlop achieve the success he deserves with his first international Superbike win. It was even sweeter to do it in front of our title sponsor Tyco Security Products and representatives from Suzuki GB – who have supported us faithfully for many years.

“Guy has also been impressive during this year’s event and although he didn’t quite find his very best form today, his second position in Thursday’s Supersport race was perhaps the best I’ve seen him ride at the North West 200. It was a superb result. Everything considered we are heading to the TT with a good reason to feel optimistic about our chances for further success. Thanks to all out sponsors; I hope everyone enjoyed the day.”

EventServ Superbike Race: 1 William Dunlop [Tyco Suzuki] 24min 02.051sec; 2 Michael Dunlop [BMW] +0.520sec; 3 Conor Cummins [Honda] +16.137sec; 4 Michael Rutter [BMW] +26.149sec; 5 Ian Hutchinson [Yamaha] +28.048sec; 6 Simon Andrews [BMW] +34.256sec.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.